Author Topic: How to setup Voice mailbox for an extension  (Read 4867 times)

Offline eia

• View Profile
How to setup Voice mailbox for an extension
« on: October 24, 2016, 09:59:53 AM »
We have an extension which has no voicemail setup. Can anyone provide some quick guidance on how to do this in Mitel 5000?

Thanks!

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: How to setup Voice mailbox for an extension
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 12:06:50 PM »
Has to be done using database programming interface: VOICE PROCESSOR/DEVICES/MAILBOXES...when the list of current mailboxes appears in the right pane, right-click in the empty area.  Choose CREATE ASSOCIATED MAILBOXES, pick the extension you want.  If that choice doesn't appear you may find that it's already an EXTENSION ID; go back and remove it from that list and try again.

Offline eia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 12:54:43 PM »
thanks for the reply. I selected that option and was presented with a list of mailbox types. 
I picked "single line" since this was the only option that listed anything on the next screen. The weird thing is it listed two presumable extensions neither of which is the extension i'm attempting to add a mailbox to. I'm trying to add a vmailbox for extension 1803 but this is showing x-1891 & x-1892? Thanks for any further help you can provide.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 01:26:34 PM »
Those types are PHONE types, such as digital or IP.  Make the appropriate choice, or check them all and you'll see every possible device.  Remember that if the device already has an EXTENSION ID you'll need to remove that first.

Offline eia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 02:22:32 PM »
Thanks, deleting the EXTENSION ID did allow us to add the vmailbox. How do we add the EXTENSION ID back though?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 04:59:10 PM »
No need!  Extension ID and mailbox are mutually exclusive...you use one or the other.  The extension ID gives you a place to record the name of the user and control whether the auto attendant callers hear "please hold while I transfer you to John Smith".  Since these options are already in the mailbox an extension ID is not needed.  It's just for extensions that don't have voice mail (including, perhaps, applications and hunt groups).

Offline eia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 08:38:26 AM »
Ok gotcha. We have it working now. Thanks a lot for your help!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10