Author Topic: Call Bounce between HG to VM  (Read 1163 times)

Offline DevonD

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Call Bounce between HG to VM
« on: October 20, 2016, 04:24:13 PM »
I have a call center set up for a health center. The system is set up to press 2 for appointments (goes to HG 2002), and 5 for a nurse (goes to HG 2010). I'm trying to set this up so that after pressing 2 (HG2002) and no one answers after 4-5 rings, it will then forward to HG 2010 for another 4-5 rings; if still no answer, forward to VM for HG2002. I also want this set up vice-versa so if pressing 5 (HG2010) and no one answers 4-5 rings, it will forward to HG 2002 for another 4-5 rings and then VM HG2010. I had recall set up for VM and overflow set up as the HG I want the call to forward to.

I was fiddling with timers for Recall and Overflow and was getting some wonky things such as only ringing once after transfer before vm, or the call would get answered, and then after a few seconds get dropped into the voicemail or, (and this is really strange) the second group would pick up the call, but it would still ring the first group and the 1st group can ALSO pick up the call and have 2 phones answer 2 line. I'm thinking I'm just doing something wrong with the timers, because I almost had it, but then kept coming across these strange incidences.

Any insight? Thanks!

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Call Bounce between HG to VM
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 05:13:58 PM »
Can't do it!  What you describe would create a loop...call goes to 2002, then 2010, then 2002 endlessly.
What you want to do is create a new group (we'll say 2022) that includes all the 2010 people, probably PLUS all the 2002 people (giving first group agents another bite at the apple if they become free).  Recall for 2002 should be 2022, recall for 2022 should be 2500 (vmail ext?).  And set up a mailbox 2022 to receive messages.  For even better performance set the PRIORITY for 2022 higher than 0.  That way any older calls finding their way to that group will take ring priority over newer calls still in 2002 or 2010.  Duplicate the process for 2010.  Not 100% sure, but believe display on calls for 2022 will also identify call as having recalled or forwarded from <name of 2002>, allowing answering agent to know what call is about.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 08:07:35 PM »
Overflow doesn't do what you think it does. Press F1 for a detailed explanation.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 11:21:17 PM »
DevonD,

What type of Hunt Groups do you have?

1. ACD
2. UCD <-- If ACD Hunt Group is set to No then it is a UCD Hunt Group.

How are the members setup for the Hunt Groups?

1. Extension Lists. A member that starts with a P.
2. Individual Extensions

If it is a ACD Hunt Group then Dwayneg's answer is the best solution for solving it.

If it is a UCD Hunt Group with Extension Lists then although his solution is still valid there may be a simpler way to do this.

If your Hunt Group is UCD and its members are Extension Lists then just add the Extension List of HG 2010 to the Members of HG 2002 and vice versa. Then set your No Answer Advance Timer to advance to the next Extension List after 4 (24 sec) or 5 (30 sec) rings. Then set your Recall timer to go to its Voice Mail Box after 8 (48 sec) or 10 (60 sec) rings; basically each ring cycle is 6 seconds. This will have your desired effect as it will ring the original members and after a time it will stop ringing them and then start ringing the other Hunt Group Members List. If you want to improve upon it then create a separate Extension List that has members from both 2002 and 2010 in it which can be the one you add to both Hunt Groups instead of each of the other members lists. This way it will continue to ring the original Hunt Group members as well as add the other Hunt Group members in when it hits that list, and the members won't see anything different than they normally do when receiving calls.

Also, what DND ON stated about the Overflow is correct as most users do not understand what it really does. The Overflow is for sending calls out to another location, typically a CRA to play a busy message, but it never actually leaves the Hunt Group, it is still ringing member devices, and is pulled back when answered by one of its members or the device it was transfered to either doesn't answer and the no answer advance timer is up or the device answers and then disconnects from it; either way the call will remain with the orignal Hunt Group; hence your two people answering the same call. Unless you are going to do some sort of Announcement or Busy Message then you shouldn't have anything in the Annoucement or Overflow fields.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DevonD

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 10:37:47 AM »
Tech Electronics-

We have UCD and members are added through extension lists. I did as you stated by adding the other  P-group extension to the hunt group member and changed the timers and we are in business!

Thank you!!!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10