Author Topic: 5340e default button assignments  (Read 928 times)

Offline MStepan

• Contributer
    • View Profile
5340e default button assignments
« on: October 20, 2016, 03:21:23 PM »
Help (duh, otherwise why would I be here?)! I have a new 5340e IP phone and am wondering if the 7 default button assignments on the left side (bottom) of page 1 can be changed. I see some verbiage that says they can't but I'm not able to discern if that's just for USERS or also for ADMINISTRATORS (I'm the latter, just getting more familiar every day).

Specifically, there are 22 keys, the top 4 on each side are "context sensitive", which means that DND, Transfer, Hold, Mute, etc, will all be available up there at the appropriate time. On the "idle" display, mine shows DND as the 5th button down on the left side (1st button NOT in the "context sensitive" section) and also as the 2nd button down on the right side of the "context sensitive" section.

I'm not asking about changing the TOP ("context sensitive") but am thinking I SHOULD be able to change the lower 7. If so, how?

Thanks in advance. CP5000 6.0 SP3 PR3.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: 5340e default button assignments
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 04:26:02 PM »
All but the soft keys can be changed.  Any key can be changed in database programming.  Only those set as USER PROGRAMMABLE keys or STATION SPEED DIAL keys can be changed by end users.
In programming I could make a key a FEATURE key, then program it to be feature 385, RECORD-A_CALL..  And so on for every key.  Remember to include one or more CALL KEYS.  I could make one a PKM/DSS key to represent another user...lights when busy, DND or ring, press to call or transfer.

Or I could make a key a USER PROGRAMMABLE key, let's just say 27, for example.  Then I can go into the USER PROGRAMMABLE KEYS section and assign it a value such as PKM/DSS or FEATURE.  If I do, that will be the default value for UPK 27, but the end user can use his personal web interface or a bunch of key strokes to change it to something else for only his phone.  I also could leave UPK 27 with no value and it will be blank until the user gives it a value.  UPK values for individual users can also be changed within programming for that phone, and changes only that phone.

Something that confuses some programmers is the UPK numbers have absolutely no relationship to the numbered keys on the phone maps.  My UPK 27 could be assigned to any physical key (though by default they're assigned in order on the key map).

Offline MStepan

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: 5340e default button assignments
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 04:49:13 PM »
Beautiful! Thanks for the help Dwayne.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10