Author Topic: 5330 phone line is blinking green  (Read 2726 times)

Offline JasonPetty

• View Profile
5330 phone line is blinking green
« on: October 20, 2016, 09:32:59 AM »
I have a 5330 phone the once in a while line 3 will blink a green light as if a call was coming in. The user picks up the phone but it is dead air and the light will not clear basically making that line unable to use. Is there a way to clear that? I have reset the phone system in the past but right now is a very busy time to take the phones down so I am looking for another solution. Thanks.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 5330 phone line is blinking green
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 11:27:29 PM »
JasonPetty,

Does the phone in question have a Mitel built-in cordless handset or headset? I had this problem a long time ago, a few years back, and it ended up being that the module was not fully compatible with the phone and it caused this issue with several keys and only a reset of the phone or the system would fix it. My solution at the time was to get a different phone, but I believe that a software fix came along later to address that issue; you may need an upgrade to the latest of your software version or to the latest version software if you have an HX controller.

Offline Ryskie

• View Profile
    • T2K
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 07:55:23 AM »
I have had this issue a few times, only way i can get rid of it is to reboot the phone system. :/

Offline JasonPetty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 01:50:12 PM »
Yes the phone does have a cordless handset. I will see about upgrading the software. Thank you.

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 03:37:14 PM »
Hi JasonPettty,
Back in February 2015 I encountered something similar on a 5312 IP Phone (System was on 6.0.9.61) whereby a user would have 2 Call Keys and the 2nd call key would flash, even though no call was on it. It was never determined what may have brought it on, only that rebooting was a temporary fix as it would usually come back. I opened up a ticket with Mitel on it who said:

<Begin>
"This was an issue which was believed to be corrected in a later release but the problem has returned to some sites and we are currently investigating it. Upgrading this customer's site may correct their problem and stop it from returning, or the problem may return in the future, I cannot say for certain. I will leave it up to you and the customer whether or not you want to upgrade them now or wait until the next fix is releases (I currently have no time frame for that release)

To clear the key from the phone you have two options
1) Delete and recreate the extension
2) In a keymap, program the stuck key as another type of key, reboot the 5000, and set the key back to a call key again."
<End>

I opt'd to upgrade the system to the latest version at that time which I believe was a variant of 6.1, after that the issue never returned and has since undergone another upgrade to 6.2. I have never seen the issue since.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
-Iron
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 12:16:23 PM by irongladiator »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10