Author Topic: Outgoing calls routing to another node  (Read 2043 times)

Offline PhonetechScott

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Outgoing calls routing to another node
« on: October 18, 2016, 02:56:21 PM »
How would I route calls from a specific phone to go out another node.
Specifically we have several nodes. Node 1 is our Corporate headquarters. We have a phone at node 2 that we want to go out Node 1 for caller ID reasons.

It seems like it should be possible but I have not been able to figure it out.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Outgoing calls routing to another node
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 03:15:11 PM »
Using ARS, put Node 1 in in the Trunk Groups/Node selection of the Facility Groups.

Unfortunately, you can't build ARS rules for a specific extension. Anyone using ARS and having outgoing permission to Node 1 will follow the ARS rules.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 06:42:36 PM »
There's another approach that I use occasionally; license the phone to an off-node controller. Even though the phone is at Node 2, it could be licensed to Node 1. It's now just like any other phone at Node 1, including Caller ID.

At my Node 57, I have 14 phones on the local controller, 3 on Node 5, and 1 on Node 35. As staff rotate among offices, their ACDs, attendants and Caller ID all reflect their home office. Throw in some hot desking and it's even more fun.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 07:58:07 PM »
One more way: For that phone make the OUTGOING button actually a station speed to dial 8 followed an equal access code such as 10123 (you could use user web interface to label the key if desired).  Then build your ARS to route any calls with that code to the main site.  Don't echo the code in your dial rules and it will be dropped, sending only the "real" number to ARS at main site.  You could even build multiple OUTGOING keys to send calls out of any selected site, using different access codes for each.

I've used something similar to cause the system to add *67 before a number to block outbound caller ID...ARS rules can do lots of tricks for you.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10