Author Topic: Mitel 3300 API or CLI for automating changes  (Read 2916 times)

Offline nfenech

• View Profile
Mitel 3300 API or CLI for automating changes
« on: October 17, 2016, 09:25:22 PM »
Hi there,

I have looked on this site, and there is lots of really helpful info.
But i can;t seem to find what i'm after, or if it's even possible (And i believe it should be)

What i'd like is to automate a few things, namely changing the display name for an extension number.
I know how to do this in the web interface, however i'm looking at scripting something up that will change it once given the parameters.
So i can pass through the extension number, and the new display name to change it to.

I hope that makes sense.
Is this possible? Either through a web API/or telnet or something other than going into the web page to change.

Offline nfenech

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 API or CLI for automating changes
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 08:30:07 PM »
Is this not possible?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 09:49:42 PM »
I believe it is done via MiXML, I know no more than that.

Sorry

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 09:52:02 PM »
A web GUI is OK if a junior member of staff wants to just quickly change one thing, but if you have to provision a bunch of new systems with your standard config, or if you develop a new standard config and need to make an identical cluster-wide change, a web GUI is completely rubbish for doing that.

I was told the way to have a standard config and apply it for turning out cookie-cutter controller configs is to use a csv file.
So I'm pretty sure the answer to your question is to use the csv file method, although don't misunderstand me and think I'm actually recommending it.

Offline nfenech

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 01:54:36 AM »
Ok,
I'll have a look into those.
I have found the following command: "MOVE ADD <Lastname, Firstname> TO <extension number> "
From : http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22133/~/mn3300-maintenance-commands/c/5151/
Seems to be sort of what i'm after.

To give a better explanation i'm trying to automate staff on-boarding and off-boarding.
So once we have a staff member leave i'd like to change the display name on the phone to "Vacant", re-set the voicemail pin.

Once a new staff member comes in, i'd then like to set the display name to the new staff members details, and re-set the pin.

This way, it's done right away (Once the system picks up that there is a new user)
Currently we do not have the mitel system integrated with AD (Using LDAP)

Hope that helps make a bit more sense about what i'm trying to achieve.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 08:56:05 AM »
What's wrong with using the system administration tool for this? Deleting a user or changing a name only takes a few seconds.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 12:15:01 PM »
Prior to about MCD 4 there was Enterprise Manager/OPS Manager for this, but Mitel has mostly depreciated it's functionality to monitoring tools only and has moved to having management done with MiCollab and/or Active Directory.

Minor changes are pretty easy, major changes care a pain sometimes, but the web interface is pretty much your only option today.

You can however make changes in the CSV files and upload them for batch changes, you can even schedule imports via the built in scheduling system (I have never done this though).

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 12:29:49 PM »
I've got no experience with it, but would the OIG (Open Integration Gateway) provide what you're looking for?

Offline nfenech

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 05:34:31 PM »
@lundah
There's nothing wrong with using the web interface, however as my goal is to automate this (Through on-boarding and off-boarding staff through our HR system) it makes sense to have this down automatically.

I'll look into the scheduled changes via a csv. it might be a workaround for what i'm after. Maybe. That's for the suggestion acejavelin

I'm not sure about the Open Integration Gateway. But i'll look into that. Thanks lundah

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 08:06:15 AM »
my goal is to automate this (Through on-boarding and off-boarding staff through our HR system) it makes sense to have this down automatically.

Frankly, AD integration would be the most efficient way to do that. Set up your roles, assign a role and a DN to a new employee, and the rest is automatic once AD pushes the new user over to MiCollab or the MiVB.

Offline iboyd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 08:04:53 PM »

Frankly, AD integration would be the most efficient way to do that. Set up your roles, assign a role and a DN to a new employee, and the rest is automatic once AD pushes the new user over to MiCollab or the MiVB.

Make sure you have the right licensing, software and hardware for this.  I still need to purchase the Premium Software Assurance package for every 3300 I have AND install a vMCD at my home office to achieve LDAP Functionality.  This is something my boss thought of after 15 standalone systems were put in, and our Channel "Partners" never seemed to want to mention it until I brought it up. 

-Ian
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 08:07:02 PM by iboyd »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10