Author Topic: New Mitel MiVoice 6900 series IP phones  (Read 3506 times)

Offline jmarcwsp1

• View Profile
New Mitel MiVoice 6900 series IP phones
« on: October 13, 2016, 11:09:26 AM »
Are the Mitel MiVoice 6900 series IP phones compatible with the Mitel 5000/ 250?

Thanks.

Offline cholzhauer

• View Profile
Re: New Mitel MiVoice 6900 series IP phones
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 11:36:31 AM »
No, only the 3300

Offline jmarcwsp1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 12:53:53 PM »
Thank Chol-

Do you think they will ever add these sets to the MiVoice Office 250?  I wonder if this hinting the demise of the Mitel Office 250.

Offline cholzhauer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 01:19:33 PM »
I was at a Mitel thing last week; that was not the impression I got...the 5000 is at a level below the 3300 and above whatever the other one is.

Offline jmarcwsp1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 02:22:57 PM »
Any future enhancements to the 5000/250 planned?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 03:24:38 PM »
jmarcwsp1,

What enhancements would you like to see on the MiVo-250?

As far as the EOL for the MiVO-250 I believe that is a long way off still. Originally when Mitel bought out Inter-Tel, original designers of the 5000, there were rumors that it had a 10-year lifespan on Mitel's roadmap. I believe that they have seen the error of their ways and why Inter-Tel was kicking their ass in sales within certain markets worldwide.

In my opinion as long as there are VARs with capable designers and programmers the MiVO-250 will continue to be the star of sales within most markets due to its capabilities and price point. I think that Mitel is trying to get some of that market for the 3300 with its new MiCloud services, but I also think that it will only grab a small percentage of that market for now.

In the end as long as there is a demand for a product it will continue to be offered, but whether or not Mitel continues to improve it would depend on factors that are somewhat out of our control. My plan for now is to get the information out there on what the MiVO-250 is capable of and how it can improve its users efficiency and efficacy in handling their daily communications. The more people know on how to design and program the platform to take advantage of everything it can do the more it will be sold and that demand will keep Mitel producing, at the least, more units for sale and hopefully better capabilities along with it.

Thanks,

TE

Offline cholzhauer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 03:54:53 PM »
I'd take that a step further and say that many people have no idea what the system can do.  As part of the event I was at last week, there was a session that described things like the reporting suite and the web portal.  While we've been using these for a long time, many customers had no idea they existed.

FYI YMMV

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 07:02:23 PM »
One of our engineers keep saying Mitel is going to kill it, I am getting really tired of it but he has management's ear so any project he works on gets either an MCD or Digium, but I keep installing 5000's for the other engineers and salespeople.

I love the 5000, it is perfect for just about any installation under 100 phones, and most under 200 phones. It can do anything...

I do have one wish for it though, that it could be virtualized and run in a VMware environment.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 07:37:44 PM »
From what I was told although they are keeping the product but they are not going to spend as much R&D $$$ on it as the other platforms. i.e. MiVO 400 and MiVB

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 10:04:55 PM »
Acejavelin,

Virtualizing it isn't the issue as they have already done that with the PS-1 and moving over the remaining resource to it would be a simple matter. The issue is that the 5000 doesn't synchronize with the AMC get it and keep its licensing so virtualizing it can become an issue for their bottom line at this point.

Personally, I think they should work on getting it to synchronize with the AMC and then the virtualization would most likely happen soon after that.

The features I would like to see on the 5000 are as follows.

1. Failover
2. Redundant Power Supplies
3. A richer SIP feature set. Currently SIP on the 5000 isn't as good as a Single Line phone. Heck the old IP-SLA was much better than SIP is now.
4. The Axxess endpoint limits; come on everyone knows we went backwards there.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10