Author Topic: AWC Server can't be accessed from public network  (Read 2208 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
AWC Server can't be accessed from public network
« on: October 11, 2016, 02:53:41 PM »
So I have a customer with a full blown MiCollab 7.1, and most services work fine... Using MBG with a public IP directly on a virtual interface in Server-Gateway mode.

The AWVC server is accessible from inside the lan with no issues, and from outside the web portal accessible but the client can't connect, it just keeps repeating "Your client is attempting to contact the AWV server. It is connection attempt #/5" and ending with "Connection to AWV server did not complete. The client could not connect to FQDN:4443,443".

Accessing the public web portal works fine until you connect to the conference, and I have noticed that the address bar shows "https://FQDN:4443..." and then can't connect, I notice that it is trying to use the Internal conference port and not the external/public port. Manually changing it port 443 causes a redirect to 4443 which fails.

Just seems like I am missing something in a setting somewhere, but I am missing it...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 10:23:37 PM by acejavelin »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: AWC Server can't be accessed from public network
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 06:56:27 PM »
So I have a customer with a full blown MiCollab 7.1, and most services work fine... Using MBG with a public IP directly on a virtual interface in Server-Gateway mode.

The AWVC server is accessible from inside the lan with no issues, and from outside the web portal accessible but the client can't connect, it just keeps repeating "Your client is attempting to contact the AWV server. It is connection attempt #/5" and ending with "Connection to AWV server did not complete. The client could not connect to FQDN:4443,443".

Accessing the public web portal works fine until you connect to the conference, and I have noticed that the address bar shows "https://FQDN:4443..." and then can't connect, I notice that it is trying to use the Internal conference port and not the external/public port. Manually changing it port 443 causes a redirect to 4443 which fails.

Just seems like I am missing something in a setting somewhere, but I am missing it...
Uhhgg... Guess I need another public IP and a different DNS entry just for AWC, I don't remember ever having to do that before. Gotta go back and read some docs again, I really must have missed something.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: AWC Server can't be accessed from public network
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 07:42:18 PM »
Yes Mitel likes a second ip to the name configured. Using server-gateway is the easiest to get this working. Theortically you could change the external port in awc and port forward it it the internal one. The client requests connection on both. As to why Mitel has it done this way IMHO is because the internal port used has some none negative issues externally, and many people may block this on their firewalls.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10