Author Topic: NuPoint can't reach extension  (Read 1615 times)

Offline mpprevost

• Contributer
    • View Profile
NuPoint can't reach extension
« on: October 11, 2016, 02:45:47 PM »
We are in the process of implementing NuPoint and we're starting to build auto attendants. This one in particular uses a system speedcall to transfer the call to an automated credit card system that's hosted by a vendor. I can call the DID associated with that speedcall and it goes to the proper place. I can call the extension and it works as it should. If I put that extension in as the blind transfer it says it's not available. I've added the speedcall to all 3 of the controllers and verified NuPoint is pointing at the correct controller.

Our partner was able to get it working yesterday, but today it's not functioning again. As far as I know nothing has changed between yesterday and today.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: NuPoint can't reach extension
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 05:17:00 PM »
1) Do the VM ports have a COS that allows it public network access?
2) Do the VM ports have a COR that allows it to dial out?
3) If the VM does dial out, does it have a caller ID that is not blocked by the carrier?
4) Can you transfer an outside caller back out manually from a phone?
5) Does the system speed dial number have the "override toll security" box ticked?

Ralph

Offline mpprevost

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: NuPoint can't reach extension
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 10:18:49 AM »
Thanks for the reply Ralph. Yesterday we discovered something. The mailbox in question doesn't transfer to the speed call if it's extension is dialed internally. However, we've discovered if the mailbox is called via it's DID it transfers to the speed call as it should. So when the partner was testing it it always worked because they were always calling in externally. We weren't calling the DID so it didn't work.

As to your questions the only one I can answer at this time is number 5. I've tried it with the box checked and with it not checked. Didn't change anything. I'll get the other info after my meeting.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10