Author Topic: Routing calls to multiple extensions...  (Read 760 times)

Offline Bigpomaha

• View Profile
Routing calls to multiple extensions...
« on: October 06, 2016, 01:12:37 PM »
We have an auto attendant setup (VM) and it we would like to route non-answered calls to three extensions then if they don't answer it needs to go to a different extension.  I'm trying to figure out how to do that with ring groups but not having too much luck.  I can make a ring group for the first 3 extensions but not sure how to point it from the originating extension.  Then once they don't answer how do i forward to the next one?  Sorry i'm so ignorant about this but i came from a 10 year background on the 5000.  That system is way easier to understand.    Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

Perry
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 02:51:35 PM by Bigpomaha »

Offline iboyd

• View Profile
Re: Routing calls to multiple extensions...
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 03:26:30 PM »
From the ring group, there is an "overflow point" field that you can fill out with another ring group or hunt group, a valid extension can be put there.  After the timer expires on the ring group it flows into the overflow point.  If there isn't one, then it should  "Ring until answered".  You can set up 2 ring groups and bounce the call between the 2 until some one answers.  (I am tempted to do this in my facilities since the end users despise answering a phone, and find it convenient to blame my beloved Mitel)

Offline Bigpomaha

• View Profile
Re: Routing calls to multiple extensions...
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 03:49:14 PM »
Sweet!  thanks for the info. Much appreciated.  Things were so much simpler in the 5000.  Thanks again.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10