Author Topic: Class of Restriction Setup  (Read 9592 times)

Offline mhumphries

• View Profile
Class of Restriction Setup
« on: September 30, 2016, 08:35:41 AM »
i have a Mitel 3300. the only CoR that is setup is Number 4 = Class of Restriction for Group 4. we have 3 PRI and 1 SIP.  by means of no dial plan international calls fail on the PRIs.  however we recently setup a dial plan for international calls on the SIP route.

the SIP route is on CoR = 1 PRIs are COR = 4  Device is Cor=4

international however works on ALL devices right now.  i have tried 1 and 4 on the Device.  not sure what i am doing wrong.
i have read several posts both on this forum and on other sites and it is a bit confusing the proper setup.  it appears that some say if the CoR list and the device match it is allowed while others say it is blocked.

TIA for any info on this one.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: Class of Restriction Setup
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 09:36:46 AM »
Simply; if your in it you are out of it. So COR group 4 has 1-64 then every one is in it so they cannot do anything.  COR 1 has 1,2, 4-64 then if you have a COR of 3 set on the device then it will be OK but everyone else with any other cor will not be able to do anything and so on.

From our COR of 1 if the international dial plan has COR 1 set on it and everyone has a COR of 3 then they will be able to use international dialling but if devices have a cor of 1,2 or 4-64 they would be unable to use international dialling.

Be aware that this is simplistic and you may have 128 groups but IIRC Mitel recommend not using anything above 64 (do not know why).

I'm sure someone will jump in where I have it wrong.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 09:48:56 AM »
This is probably one of the tougher things new techs have to figure out.
ARS
One place you can start is here: Mitel ARS Programming for Security. It may help some on how to figure out your COR.

But let's start with what is COR? (Class of Restriction)
COR is an assigned grouping of devices or trunks for the purposes of restricting trunk usage.
If you look at the Class of Restriction form you will see that it's a massive table.
The COR numbers on the far left column are the COR numbers assigned to devices and trunks.
The COR numbers across the top are the COR Classes the COR Classes on the left are restricted from using.

To try and give an example of that:
If on row 4 you see an "R" in column 2, then any device with a COR of 4 will not be able to use a route that has a COR of 2 assigned.

COR does not restrict device to device, only device to a route.

Now let's use this as an example (This does not apply to your site - it's a generic example):
You have a user with a COR of 10.
If you look in the COR table and look at 10 on the far left column you will see that 10 is restricted from 1,2,3,5,6,7
Now look at your routes.
Route 21 has a COR assigned of 3.
If the user dials an ARS digit string that hits Route 21 the call will fail because COR 10 is restricted from any route with a 3.
Route 22 has a COR assigned of 4.
If the user dials an ARS digit string that hits route 22 the call will be allowed because 10 is not restricted from 4.

I hope that helps.
Odds are pretty good that your SIP route for international calling does not use a COR that is restricted from anything.

Ralph

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 07:15:38 PM »
My default setup restriction here in the States is such that:

911/internal only
Tollfree
Local
Local Lata
State
US
Canada
Islands
International

The local and lata may get fudged or full exchanges for local may be added. Some lata on my default is weak because we have 1 strange area code that can be in, but for the most part isn't

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10