Author Topic: Voice Quality Monitor and Statistics  (Read 2540 times)

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Voice Quality Monitor and Statistics
« on: September 29, 2016, 04:39:00 PM »
Hello Fellow Mitel Techs,
I'm wanting to know if it is possible to extend the VQ Stats output to historically track back much further? (Voice Quality Statistics Form) I have found this in the help portion of the vMCD I'm working on.

I'm very curious to know about the section I have boxed out in RED, concerning the "Report Generation Capabilities of Enterprise Manager" or this "Voice Quality Monitoring" tool they talk about. If anyone could give me some insight, that would be awesome!

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Voice Quality Monitor and Statistics
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 05:24:56 PM »
Ya know...
If the data is being sent to Enterprise Manager, that would tend to make me think that data may be available to collect from some other server.  Maybe something running Perl.

Hmmmmm...

Ralph

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 05:34:30 PM »
Ya know...
If the data is being sent to Enterprise Manager, that would tend to make me think that data may be available to collect from some other server.  Maybe something running Perl.

Hmmmmm...

Ralph

ralph,
That is interesting. Thus far I've been reading articles on what exactly is Mitel Enterprise Manager. I keep getting linked to a company called "Martello Technologies Corporation". They have a product which at a 1st glance looked like a 3rd party type of solution, but the more I read on it, it looks like it may be 1st party. The solution they have is called "Mitel Performance Analytics Plus" It has been referenced as the "Replacement" of the Mitel Enterprise Manager. So.....question.....is the Mitel Enterprise Manager no longer a thing?

Thanks,
-Iron
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 06:35:15 PM by irongladiator »

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 06:34:05 PM »
Hey all,
So I went to Mitel Online and on their documentation page I found the "Mitel Enterprise Manager 9.0" documentation. It looks to be 2014 copyrighted. Old stuff that Mitel may still support, since on their training page it says they still have Mitel Enterprise Manager 9.0 Self-Study certifications still available for purchase.

Also found the Mitel Performance Analytics documentation on Mitels Documentation page too, at the bottom of the "Quick Start" guide is a reference to "Martello" (See below). Seems they make this product for Mitel. So....does that make them 3rd party or 1st party I wonder?

But back to my original inquiry, seems I may have the info I need. Looks like to increase the VQ stats, I'll need the "Mitel Performance Analytics" (or "Plus" version), as it doesn't seem we can extend the capacity beyond 5000 log entries.  :)

Thanks,
-Iron
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 06:37:05 PM by irongladiator »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 08:34:43 PM »
I believe that Martello is a Terry Matthews incubator company (like the one I work for).

Ralph

Offline iboyd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 10:49:21 AM »
Enterprise Manager is going away for the Mitel Performance Analytics platform.  Now you get 2 options Cloud Based MPA or On-Prem base MPA which is MPA +.  For the on-prem you need at least 1 boss controller, either real or VM, and then set up your links to talk to it.  From what I have been told by my Vendor is that we need to upgrade our Software assurance packages to even handle the MPA Cloud based solution.  I have yet to see this in action by any one, or the enterprise manager.  But it is something we are trying to figure out since we have zero visibility on our various buildings and their truck usage.

BTW, any one here an expert on simpleSMDR? Where do you find the bloody "Streaming Port"?

-Ian

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 11:05:18 AM »
re: SimpleSMDR

under the cgi-bin directory edit the 'parameters' file

Offline iboyd

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 11:22:02 AM »

To what? Im trying to find the magic number on the Mitel controller too right?   

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 12:19:24 PM »
I believe that Martello is a Terry Matthews incubator company (like the one I work for).

Ralph

ralph,
Seems your not far off.  :) Sir Terence Matthews definitely got his foot in the door as he is on Martello's Board of Directors (Chariman of the Board in fact)

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 03:20:54 PM »

To what? Im trying to find the magic number on the Mitel controller too right?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 03:23:45 PM »
Enterprise Manager is going away for the Mitel Performance Analytics platform.  Now you get 2 options Cloud Based MPA or On-Prem base MPA which is MPA +.  For the on-prem you need at least 1 boss controller, either real or VM, and then set up your links to talk to it.  From what I have been told by my Vendor is that we need to upgrade our Software assurance packages to even handle the MPA Cloud based solution.  I have yet to see this in action by any one, or the enterprise manager.  But it is something we are trying to figure out since we have zero visibility on our various buildings and their truck usage.

BTW, any one here an expert on simpleSMDR? Where do you find the bloody "Streaming Port"?

-Ian

I've played around with a Cloud instance of MPA a bit, it's not bad. Light years better than Enterprise Manager, for sure. There's a new release supposed to be hitting EFT soon that adds some MAC operations and a few other things some of us have been screaming for since OpsManager was put out to pasture.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10