Author Topic: Save message to outside number  (Read 2050 times)

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
Save message to outside number
« on: September 29, 2016, 12:42:09 PM »
I have a user that has 2 voicemail messages that are not work related. These messages HAVE to be saved for personal legal reasons. Is there a way we can move/trasnfer/save them to an outside number?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Save message to outside number
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 02:30:28 PM »

If you don't already have UM, set it up (converts voice mail to email).  You could use a Google account temporarily.  Then the user has a recording that can be emailed.  If you already have some users that use this, have the person trying to archive the message forward the two messages to one of those users.

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 03:02:20 PM »

If you don't already have UM, set it up (converts voice mail to email).  You could use a Google account temporarily.  Then the user has a recording that can be emailed.  If you already have some users that use this, have the person trying to archive the message forward the two messages to one of those users.

UM = Universal Messaging? how do I set that up?

Ah, just looked it up Unified Messaging, still have no idea how to set that up...im looking

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 03:55:10 PM »
Start by setting up your e-mail send parameters.  Go to SYSTEM/E-MAIL GATEWAY and put in the appropriate info for your SMTP server.  If you don't have one you can create a new g-mail account and use it.  Different folks have varying degrees of success but this works for me if I'm using G-Mail (and, yes, I know I don't need to fill out ALL those fields, but I like to!):
Admin address: <gmail_name>@gmail.com
E-Mail Address: <gmail_name>@gmail.com
E-Mail real name: <gmail_name>@gmail.com
E-mail SMTP port: 587
email SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com
Email system: SMTP
Email username: <gmail_name>@gmail.com
Gateway password: <your_gmail_password>

Then within the mailbox you want to use go to VOICE PROCESSOR/DEVICES/MAILBOXES/<your_mailbox>/E-MAIL SYNCHRONIZATION.  For sync level set to FORWARD ONLY if you want only email copies, STORE & FORWARD for both phone and e-mail.  Set E-MAIL ADDRESS FOR VOICE MESSAGES to the location you want your messages to go.  Choose WAV or MP3.

You could set up a special voice mailbox for this, then have your user forward any messages they need to keep into that mailbox.

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 03:38:36 PM »
Start by setting up your e-mail send parameters.  Go to SYSTEM/E-MAIL GATEWAY and put in the appropriate info for your SMTP server.  If you don't have one you can create a new g-mail account and use it.  Different folks have varying degrees of success but this works for me if I'm using G-Mail (and, yes, I know I don't need to fill out ALL those fields, but I like to!):
Admin address: <gmail_name>@gmail.com
E-Mail Address: <gmail_name>@gmail.com
E-Mail real name: <gmail_name>@gmail.com
E-mail SMTP port: 587
email SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com
Email system: SMTP
Email username: <gmail_name>@gmail.com
Gateway password: <your_gmail_password>

Then within the mailbox you want to use go to VOICE PROCESSOR/DEVICES/MAILBOXES/<your_mailbox>/E-MAIL SYNCHRONIZATION.  For sync level set to FORWARD ONLY if you want only email copies, STORE & FORWARD for both phone and e-mail.  Set E-MAIL ADDRESS FOR VOICE MESSAGES to the location you want your messages to go.  Choose WAV or MP3.

You could set up a special voice mailbox for this, then have your user forward any messages they need to keep into that mailbox.

Great instructions! Thank you

But I can't select E-mail SMTP Port (it has a red X)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 03:44:57 PM by FirstSource »

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 05:54:54 PM »
Under SOFTWARE LICENSE, is UNIFIED MESSAGING E-MAIL SYNCHRONIZATION  set to YES?

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 03:29:04 PM »
Under SOFTWARE LICENSE, is UNIFIED MESSAGING E-MAIL SYNCHRONIZATION  set to YES?

I do not have that option under Software License, see attachment

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 05:23:21 PM »
Wow, that appears to be an old, old version of software.  If you're using internal voice mail on this version you can't do voice mail-to-e-mail unless you upgrade to a newer version.  If your voice mail is on an external server you might be able to do it.

Another idea: if they have a cell phone capable of recording a call, dial in from outside, press RECORD on the cell, and play back the message.  Or get a recording adapter and plug it into PC mic jack or cassette recorder (remember those?) and play the messages, record on the device.

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 08:58:46 AM »
Another idea: if they have a cell phone capable of recording a call, dial in from outside, press RECORD on the cell, and play back the message.  Or get a recording adapter and plug it into PC mic jack or cassette recorder (remember those?) and play the messages, record on the device.

Yes we are on version 2.X.X.X

I do remember the recorders lol, your suggestion above is exactly what I suggested to the user. Thanks for your input.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 09:40:05 AM »
Here's a USB recording adapter from Hello Direct, connects to analog line or handset jack: http://www.hellodirect.com/hellodirect/Shop?DSP=30102&PCR=1:1:5:30:310&IID=30974&itemskuid=30974

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 03:10:44 PM »
Here's a USB recording adapter from Hello Direct, connects to analog line or handset jack: http://www.hellodirect.com/hellodirect/Shop?DSP=30102&PCR=1:1:5:30:310&IID=30974&itemskuid=30974

Amazon supplies the same thing.  You can support this forum by using this affiliate link:
http://amzn.to/2euDlJ3  -It's less expensive there also.

Ralph

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 03:45:09 PM »

Amazon supplies the same thing.  You can support this forum by using this affiliate link:
http://amzn.to/2euDlJ3  -It's less expensive there also.

Ralph

Supported by using the link provided...Thanks for the info

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 04:08:43 PM »
Supported by using the link provided...Thanks for the info

Thank you. 

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10