Author Topic: Do analog phones still function if the Mitel controller drops off the IP network  (Read 966 times)

Offline kapple

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have a question about whether analog lines will still work, if the Mitel 3300MXe controller loses its network connection.

Here is our setup. We have 2 PRIs coming in from the PSTN. One PRI connects to our primary Mitel controller. The other PRI connects to our resilient Mitel controller node. We have analog trunks from the PSTN that connect to three Mitel ASUs.

2 ASUs connect to the primary Mitel controller, and 1 ASU to the resilient Mitel controller.

Our IP phones connect to the Mitel controllers via our IP network.

Additionally, we have 2 legacy phone systems, Siemens HiPath 4000, and Siemens HiCom 300. The HiPath 4000 connects to our primary Mitel controller via 2 QSIGs. The HiCom 300 connects to the HiPath 4000 through a Siemens network connection, which is not part of our IP network. Please see the attachment that diagrams this setup.

We have experienced some network outages lately, which we are working to eliminate. Our IP phones stop working if a network issue causes the controllers to drop off the network.

We will most likely test how a network outage affects analog lines, but the test would involve disconnecting the Mitel controllers from the network, which of course will cause IP phones to go down.

What I would like to know is, with the above described scenario, if the Mitel controllers drop off the network, will analog lines still be reachable from the PSTN? Would they still be reachable by the Siemens systems? By reachable, I mean can call to, and answer from.

Let me know if any further information is needed to better explain this scenario. Thanks!

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Yes.
Your analog phones will stay up as long as you use PRIs and the controller and ASUs are still up.

Ralph

Offline kapple

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Thanks Ralph,

To be clear, the Mitel controllers can drop from the IP network, but as long as the connection to the ASUs and PRIs, which are each directly connected to the controllers, remain up, and ASUs are up, the analog phones configured our Mitel controllers will continue to function, and be accessible from our internal Siemens systems, and the PSTN. Is this the correct understanding?

Thanks,
Ken

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
and be accessible from our internal Siemens systems

Anything connected TDM will stay up.
Anything connected via IP will not.

Ralph

Offline kapple

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Thank you very much for the information Ralph!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10