Author Topic: Intranet Phone Directory  (Read 1727 times)

Offline P1

• View Profile
Intranet Phone Directory
« on: September 22, 2016, 03:00:54 PM »
Started a new job here.  One of my responsibilities is to maintain our internal Phone directory.  I maintain the directory in MITEL, but is there web link to an intranet phone directory on our appliance?

Best Regards,  Michael

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Intranet Phone Directory
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 08:20:36 AM »
No.
You could export it to your own application if you wanted to.

Ralph

Offline P1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 04:28:25 PM »
Well, I was aware of the export of the directory to csv.  But I was hoping for a url link to our FQDN/[Example of Our_Directory] as a quickie service.

Thanks,  Michael

Offline mitchellk

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 09:18:14 PM »
Not sure if this would work but could you run a scheduled job to export the directory from the Mitel box. And then another job to import it? That way that it is always in sync?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 12:23:01 PM »
Not sure if this would work but could you run a scheduled job to export the directory from the Mitel box. And then another job to import it? That way that it is always in sync?

There would be no need to import to sync anything since (hopefully) anything that needs to be in the directory is programmed in the Mitel system.

And there's no quick link to the data native in the Mitel because its primary function is to process calls, not be a web server. Best way to automate it would be to set up a scheduled export of the Telephone Directory form to a server, then use that .csv as the source data for a separate application to publish the data.

Offline mitchellk

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 05:17:02 PM »

There would be no need to import to sync anything since (hopefully) anything that needs to be in the directory is programmed in the Mitel system.

And there's no quick link to the data native in the Mitel because its primary function is to process calls, not be a web server. Best way to automate it would be to set up a scheduled export of the Telephone Directory form to a server, then use that .csv as the source data for a separate application to publish the data.

I'm quite confident that's exactly what I said.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 07:34:43 PM »
I've got a few thoughts on this. If you have Micollab and setup callto to invoke it, putting something like this as the default page instead of the portal redirect might not be a bad idea. I suppose having either a search and if found click to call or list all and click the desired entity would be work, also add a link to portal or other apps. Might look into it when I have time.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10