Author Topic: option 128+  (Read 1905 times)

Offline mynnattor

• Contributer
    • View Profile
option 128+
« on: September 21, 2016, 03:28:30 PM »
i took over a working mitel 3300 that is having some issues. dhcp is disabled on the controller so i am trying to figure it out. when booting up the phone, under DHCP Discovery it says "Using Option 128+". i know many of the different options and what they point to, but i have never seen that option, nor any option with a number followed by a symbol. any ideas?
i have gone through different avenues trying to figure things out and i come back with weird contradictory answers. has anyone ever seen or can tell me what option 128+ is

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: option 128+
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 04:12:08 PM »
Those are the old (like 10 years ago) DHCP options that were used to assign IP addresses & other properties to a phone (128 thru 134). There was an RFC update that re-assigned those option numbers, but Mitel usually recommends leaving those options active in case you happen to run across an ancient phone.

Offline iboyd

• View Profile
Re: option 128+
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 11:38:44 AM »
This also applies to ancient paging adapters.  How ever some paging adapters appear to be old enough that the easiest way to get them upgraded is by plugging the paging adapter into the controller directly.  I suggest this be done BEFORE you put the system into production.

-Ian

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10