Author Topic: MiTel 3300 - how to configure voice announcement to all phones  (Read 3052 times)

Offline enussbaum

• View Profile
MiTel 3300 - how to configure voice announcement to all phones
« on: September 21, 2016, 07:06:21 AM »
Hi all,

I would like to enable a certain extension (the office manager) to be able to "hack" to all phones speakers and announce something in case of emergency.
Our phones are IP phones, models: 5330/5320 , in the MiTel web system I enabled "Off-hook voice announce allowed" and "Handsfree AnswerBack Allowed" for the class of service applied to all users.

How to I continue from here ? how can I let only a specific user to initiate the announcement ? what button should he press in order to do that ?

Thank you!

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: MiTel 3300 - how to configure voice announcement to all phones
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM »
From there it's just a feature code:
<Direct Page>+<Extension number>

Ralph

Offline enussbaum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 08:44:39 AM »
Thanks Ralph, got it working (this helped as well: http://edocs.mitel.com/UG/Apps-Solutions/MiCollab%207.0/MiCollab/MiCW%20Help/features_standard/group_page_description.html)

now, how can I add members to the Page group without adding 1 by 1 ? I see I have the option to select "Increment by" but I want to add specific ranges which are not following each other in number..  any idea ?

Thanks !

Offline enussbaum

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 09:01:15 AM »
got it handled with the import spread sheet !  :)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 09:01:24 AM »
How many phones are you talking about adding to the group?

I can tell you that if it is over about 50 (varies by platform) you are going to have problems... it will work but as the number of devices increases the setup time increases exponentially.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 09:44:47 AM »

I can tell you that if it is over about 50 (varies by platform) you are going to have problems... it will work but as the number of devices increases the setup time increases exponentially.

There's also an absolute limit to how many IP phones can be in a page group, which varies depending on the controller hardware. Anywhere from 32 to 64 sets, I believe.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 10:44:08 AM »

There's also an absolute limit to how many IP phones can be in a page group, which varies depending on the controller hardware. Anywhere from 32 to 64 sets, I believe.
It's a "recommended" limit... you can put 100's of sets in there, but the setup time is ridiculous, we had a hospital that tried to do it with 250 sets, the setup time was well over 30 seconds and the system basically ground to a halt until the page was complete.

EDIT: I just look, their current group contains 158 IP sets on a vMCD... it works (I think, I don't do much with this site), but the setup time is like 10-20 seconds according to another tech but he isn't sure if all the phones get the page when it occurs.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 10:51:00 AM by acejavelin »

Offline iboyd

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 11:30:34 AM »
Most of my facilities already have an overhead paging amp, so I have become a master of installing the paging adapters along with my installers.  That set up doesn't create any impact on the controller.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 04:16:24 PM »
Most of my facilities already have an overhead paging amp, so I have become a master of installing the paging adapters along with my installers.  That set up doesn't create any impact on the controller.

Must be nice to work with customers who have a budget to actually do what they want.

Offline iboyd

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 01:18:30 PM »
lundah: my buildings are mostly Skilled Nursing or Retirement homes, so the overhead paging is usually already installed.  Now I do see some paging amps getting upgrading in the future since they are becoming audio geriatrics. 

We also told our Sr. Management that we need to replace our systems, and we got some pushback, then 4 phone systems imploded in one year, now they listen to us and we make sure we don't get gouged by our installers and cabling vendors.  It's turned into a good relationship.   

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10