Author Topic: Conference using no access code  (Read 3746 times)

Offline jchristman2002

• View Profile
Conference using no access code
« on: September 20, 2016, 06:00:25 PM »
I am trying to figure out a way to setup a conference call where users can dial a number and be joined to a conference call without the need to enter an access code.  Is this possible with a Mitel 5000?   

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Conference using no access code
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 07:10:12 PM »
jchristman2002,

This is straight from the Help document [F1].

"When Meet-Me Conferencing is enabled, users have the ability to initiate or join a Meet-Me Conference by dialing the Conference Assistant and entering a valid access code. Access codes are generated to match each “User” main extension number in the system (as programmed in the Users folder), so that each designated “User” (not phone) has their own access code for establishing conferences.

In addition to the personal access codes that match each “User” main extension (as programmed in the Users folder), the User Web Portal application and the updated Configuration Assistant application can also be used to create unique system-generated access codes".

Now, with that being said you can manually create a user that doesn't have a Main extension associated with it, which is where it gets its password from, and it then would have no password; in theory. I have not tried this as I find the idea to be an "odd" one that would allow users to enter in to a conference on accident or on purpose that others may or may not be in.

Thanks,

TE

Offline jchristman2002

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 07:38:58 PM »
I guess let me explain my dilemma.

I am using Ascom WIFI handsets for mobile users in the facility.  Ascom has a Push-To-Talk feature where the handsets are automatically joined to a conference call in speakerphone mode and the users press the Mute button to speak in the conference call.   I can get the PTT to work but it dials the conference assistant but I cannot get the Ascom to "speed dial" the access code so the handsets cannot join the conference without any manual intervention.   I can dial in the access code and the PTT works well, but for the purposes of this particular project the manual intervention is not a viable option. 

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 05:47:15 AM »
jchristman2002,

Ah, I see, well I do not know anything about ASCOM products so I am no help there, but you can try manually creating a User account with no Main Extension number and then check the Personal Conference Access box once it is created; this in essence should provide you with an account that doesn't have a password.

Good Luck,

TE

P.S. Let us know if that works and if not we can look at trying to find another option.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 08:39:24 AM »
Are the ASCOM phones programmed as SIP devices?  Are you sure the string you're programming under the button is complete?  Should be <Conf Assistant Ext><Conference Password> #.  Easy to miss the pound.  When I program this string as a speed dial on a 53XX phone it works fine...you might need to add one or two pauses between cnf asst number and pass, not sure on SIP.

Offline jchristman2002

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 09:13:26 AM »
Tech Electronics,
when I try to create a user with NONE for the extyension it does not allow me to choose

dwayneg,
They are sip devices.  198 is the confe asst and 0195186 is the access code. I have tried  1980195186#  198,0195186# 198,,,0195186#   198#0195186#  and several other variants.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 09:33:51 AM »
jchristman2002,

As I stated previously, but maybe not clearly, you have to create it first and then go in and check the box next to Personal Conference Access.

Thanks,

TE

Offline jchristman2002

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 03:53:01 PM »
Thanks for the help guys, but after working on this with support (both Mitel and Ascom) I could not get a way around this conference code.

I ending up installing an inexpensive Asterisk PBX trunked to the second T1/PRI port and and configured a conference room there.

It is working great this way.  Of course I had the cost of the T1/PRI license to enable the second port on the Mitel and I used a GrandStream 6510.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10