Author Topic: Software license file  (Read 2028 times)

Offline TYTEL

• View Profile
Software license file
« on: September 20, 2016, 08:14:07 AM »
Is there anyway to retrieve the license file from a working Mitel hx 5000 so it can be downloaded if the system loses it's license?
Thanks
pct

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Software license file
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 08:57:27 AM »
TYTEL,

The official answer to that would be, "No, at this time you are not allowed to download the license from a CS or HX controller".

If you need a copy of the license and you are not the Mitel vendor that controls the license then you will need to get the vendor to download a copy for you from the AMC.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Software license file
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 01:13:25 PM »
To add to what TE said, I have never seen a 5000 system just "lose" it's license for no reason. If that happens it is almost guaranteed to be a CF card or other hardware issue which would require more than the just a license file.

Best practice would be to maintain regular database backups, a copy of the software (admin and system) that your system is running, and the license file... The later two items can only be obtained by a Mitel dealer, and TBH are probably the least important because if you need to replace hardware like the CF card, they are serialized and the license file will need to be regenerated anyway.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10