Author Topic: Good afternoon from a noob.  (Read 1081 times)

Offline Smudge

• View Profile
Good afternoon from a noob.
« on: September 19, 2016, 11:54:14 AM »
Hi all,

Thought I'd pop in and introduce myself on the forum as it looks like it will be a very useful resource for me.

I'm an IT technician for a firm of Solicitors. We use the 250/5000 system and i am the main administrator of it.

I'd like to start with what will probably turn out to be a simple question if i may.

I have set up a small hunt group for an agent who would like her phone to bounce between 3 other people when she is on a call or DND, I have done this by a system forward path to the hunt group. However, when i test this this from my phone i just get the DND message (Lunch Break in this instance) I can call the hunt group direct and that works fine (all the agents have logged out & back in again)
Also the agent in question is a hot desk user and is 'Hot desk-ed' in but not 'logged in'

I'm sure there is probably a much better way to do this, but i am far from an expert and this is the only way i know.

Thank you in advance.

Smudge.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Good afternoon from a noob.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 12:28:48 PM »
By default, Intercom Calls are NOT checked in the SYSTEM FORWARDING path list...go to the user, find his sys fwd path and double-click the icon by the path that goes to his HG.  You'll get a list of parameters you can turn on for that path.  If you really want his IC calls to follow the path (not usual, but possible) just turn on IC.  Obviously you no longer get the DND info then, which you might miss.
BTW, hunt group calls NEVER follow sys fwd paths, only direct or transferred calls for that station.
Let us know if you need more.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 02:21:57 PM »
Smudge,

The other issue you may have is whether or not you have another forwarding point after sending calls to the Hunt Group. If you do it will pull the call from the Hunt Group once the System Forward Advance timer (default=15 sec) has expired and send it to the next point; typically Voice Mail.

The rest of it Dwayneg has already explained on your current problem.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Smudge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 09:51:38 AM »
Thank you guys.

I will look at this this afternoon and come back to you

Thanks again.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10