Author Topic: DiD setup  (Read 1080 times)

Offline mhumphries

• View Profile
DiD setup
« on: September 16, 2016, 12:29:35 PM »
our vendore setup the DIDs using system speed dials.  is that the best way to setup DiD's or is there a better way?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: DiD setup
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 02:45:38 PM »
Not my preference.
I prefer to have the phone prime line match the DID.
Haveing said that I have been forced to use system speed dials on the occasion.
Ask your VAR why they set it up that way.  There could be a compelling reason.

Ralph

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 04:13:39 PM »
In Call Routing there is a DID Translation Table... that is how I do ALL of my system now days, 10 digits in, no absorb, and it merges with the User & Device form so you can set the DID and outbound Caller ID with no issues from one form.

It is fairly simple to change it as well, just export the system speed dial and DID Translation table forms, copy and paste appropriately, and import the DID form, turn on the DID translation table in the Trunk Service form, test, and delete the range from System Speed Call.

Offline iboyd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 05:34:24 PM »
Funny, I got used to using the speed calls to assign the DID to an extension, and then used the User and Devices page to add in the full DID.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 05:50:24 AM »
I use the system speed  calls method for flexibility. If a user moves to a new DN on the system I just open the speed call form and change the real number. Done.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 09:44:33 AM »
I'm learning some new tricks here.

In Call Routing there is a DID Translation Table... that is how I do ALL of my system now days, 10 digits in, no absorb, and it merges with the User & Device form so you can set the DID and outbound Caller ID with no issues from one form.

I had actually forgotten that form had been added.  It was something we were asking for forever.
I had started using the Inward Dialing Modification table to accomplish the same thing.

My users however, always wanted the last digits of their DID to match their extension.
I've done it the other way but preference was to have them match so no one had to guess their DID number.

Ralph

Offline iboyd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 01:10:16 PM »
I am noticing that one of my installers also just uses the System speed calls as well instead of listing out the DID.  I think this way gets the system up faster.  and I guess if I want to make a big stink I can go in and do add them in later.  Sounds like it is "Shooters Preference" when it comes to installing, and you as the user/admin need to know how your tech did it to find the info later.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10