Author Topic: someone tried to access VM 3 times - need history logs  (Read 1648 times)

Offline plim81

• Contributer
    • View Profile
someone tried to access VM 3 times - need history logs
« on: September 14, 2016, 01:57:06 PM »
We have a Mitel 5000 system, and we have a user that got a message on her Voicemail that someone tried to access her VM 3 times.  Is there a way to check this?  I was thinking it's within the 'System Output' > 'History Log' area.  However it only keeps records for today.  Is there a command I can use to see the history logs from yesterday?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: someone tried to access VM 3 times - need history logs
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 03:20:27 PM »
I'm pretty sure that you'll find nothing helpful, such as where the calls came from, probably just the fact that it happened.  It was probably an outside caller trying to retrieve vmail who pushed a wrong button when entering his mailbox number

Offline plim81

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 03:37:18 PM »
there was a time when we were getting hacked by someone in France and we could see the ip information.  this is why I want to access the history logs.  is there a way?

Offline plim81

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 11:40:57 AM »
does anyone know a command to check the history logs?  seems like this wouldn't be that difficult. 

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 01:04:14 PM »
Logs are easy to find: open web interface (not the admin interface) as admin user, click DIAGNOSTICS tab and you'll see all sorts of logs.  There's a VOICE MAIL section with AVDAP logs, if it's anywhere I'd expect it there.  Much to my surprise I actually did find a record of bad login call when I purposely tried bad pass.  Do a search for "Invalid password" and you should see the three attempts...scroll up a few lines and you'll find the record of what outside or internal number logged in.
If you haven't used web interface before browse to PBX IP address, enter admin login and password (same as you use for DB programming).  Let us know the end of your story!

Offline plim81

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 03:51:11 PM »
dwayneg, thanks, however it only goes back 1 day.  is there any way to go back further or change this setting so I can record more data.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 04:33:10 PM »
I'm sure it's too late now, but the other AVDAP file(s) will go back a lot further (AVDAP_LOG.TXT1.  I see about 10 days on mine.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10