Author Topic: Change the number of rings from outside calls  (Read 1597 times)

Offline mcarpani

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Change the number of rings from outside calls
« on: September 14, 2016, 12:21:06 PM »
I am in need of some direction on how to change the number of rings for calls coming in from the outside. We are able to successfully control the number of rings from internal extensions under system timers but I cannot find where to change the number of rings from calls made from the outside. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Change the number of rings from outside calls
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 01:40:15 PM »
Not enough info! Where do outside calls ring (group or station)?  What happens after that time?  If calls ring to a group I'd look at RECALL timer for that hunt group.  If individual stations go to voice mail too soon look at SYSTEM FORWARD INITIATE timer.

Offline mcarpani

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 01:50:44 PM »
Ok, thanks for the reply. These calls are coming into an automated attendant and then directed to an extension from there. I have been looking at the System Forward Initiate however that changes the number of rings for the extensions when calling internally. But when calling from outside to an extension the handset rings twice and then goes to voicemail.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 01:59:53 PM »
Internal and external calls use the same forward timers. It is measured in seconds, not number of rings. Three rings from the outside equals approximately 6 rings internally.

Offline mcarpani

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 02:22:51 PM »
Ok, that is what I have been reading on other threads. Is there any way to change the number of rings or time for internal calls to make it different.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 03:16:33 PM »
No, it's all about time.  I believe you'll find that if if you time from when AA transfers the call til vmail picks up it will be the same as from when you make an IC call til vmail picks up.  Remember that typically IC calls have a double ring to distinguish them from outside.

Just to make sure what you're seeing here is your SYSTEM FORWARD try turning that off for a station (code 354)...calls from both IC and outside should stop going to vmail entirely.

One more possibility: do you have DYNAMIC EXTENSION running at all?  That adds lots more possibilities to the mix.

Offline mcarpani

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 03:39:18 PM »
Thank you for clarifying for me. Unfortunately I do not know if we are using Dynamic Extension, is there a way to tell if this is being used?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 05:49:34 PM »
Look in DB Programming/Users.  You'll see a list of users who MIGHT be using DX.  If there's anyone on the list look at each and see if ENABLE DYNAMIC EXTENSION EXPRESS is turned to YES.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10