Author Topic: Call Forward Always on a schedule  (Read 3164 times)

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Call Forward Always on a schedule
« on: September 14, 2016, 12:46:34 AM »
Is there any way to schedule Call Forward Always configs?

The scenario is - There is a 24-hour hotline. Staff will take it in turn to take these calls for a week.
So the obvious answer is to make the hotline a physical handset, and give everybody instructions to use the handset to change the Call Forward Always every Monday morning to the next person on the list.

It would be nice if we could use a calendar somehow to enter each staff member's name against a future date and then it could change the CFA all by itself every Monday morning.

I can't think of a way to do this in MiCollab using integrated Outlook calendar.
The controller has a calendar, but it only has some in-built options like doing backups or software updates - is there a way to get it to run a script, and to have a script that changes an extension's CFA?

Online lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Call Forward Always on a schedule
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 08:28:26 AM »
I'm not 100% sure it would work, but what about importing a Call Forwarding Profile .csv, containing just the one line to change the destination DN? If you're on MiVB 7.0 or newer, you should be able to do a scheduled import. Then you place the required files (one for each DN to want to forward to), and set up the scheduler to pull that file off the FTP server on the designated weeks.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 10:53:25 AM »
I'm not 100% sure it would work, but what about importing a Call Forwarding Profile .csv, containing just the one line to change the destination DN? If you're on MiVB 7.0 or newer, you should be able to do a scheduled import. Then you place the required files (one for each DN to want to forward to), and set up the scheduler to pull that file off the FTP server on the designated weeks.

What a great idea!!!!
I'm going to have to play with that.
That would open a variety of options.

Ralph

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 06:27:24 PM »
Yes, I thought of that, but only very briefly. Murphy's law tells me to not use csv file imports as they either waste my time by not working, or they stuff up my config when excel changes data in cells according to default cell formatting.
Using a csv file has got to be the worst idea ever....almost any other file format would be better.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10