Author Topic: Voice Mail Password Incorrect  (Read 1987 times)

Offline MestaCreese

• View Profile
Voice Mail Password Incorrect
« on: September 13, 2016, 12:27:48 PM »
I have 2 users that cannot access their voicemail from their phones. When they enter their password it tells them that it is incorrect. I have reset the passwords for both users and have rebooted the Mitel 5000 system. Both of these users can call their DID number, press the asterisk button, enter their mailbox number and password to get their voice mail. I can call their extension, press the asterisk key, enter their credentials and get their voicemail.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Voice Mail Password Incorrect
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 01:26:44 PM »
If you can call their DID the same way they do and it works for you I'd set up a conf call with them and have them do it while you're listening.  I'd suspect they're not doing it the way you think they are.

Ralph

Offline MestaCreese

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 01:29:15 PM »
Thanks for the tip - I agree 100% with you.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 03:17:10 PM »
Every time a client calls with this complaint it turns out the message lamp is NOT being lit by their voice mail box but by another voice mail they're  the designated message notification station for (perhaps a hunt group or a general mailbox). With the phone on-hook, ask user to press the lit message key and tell you what the display says...bet it says MSG FROM MBOX and some other number.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10