Author Topic: All circuits are busy  (Read 3594 times)

Offline TechMB

• Contributer
    • View Profile
All circuits are busy
« on: September 13, 2016, 11:50:50 AM »
Our phone system WAS configured this way: Hunt Groups - Members - extension number and phantom extension and Voice Mail.  With this setup we were not able to see the caller ID on the 2nd line if the user was on a call. 

So what our phone people did was change it to: Hunt Groups - IP Digital/Telephone extension (which contains extension number and phantom) - Voice Mail.

The system is working fine with caller ID showing up on the 2nd (phantom) extension when the user is on a call, but now there are several clients reporting that they cant get through to our phone lines.  They're telling us that they sometimes hear a message saying 'All circuits are busy' when they call either our main line or any direct number.

We have a PRI with 23 trunks and we didn't have a problem up until we moved to the 2nd setup. 

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: All circuits are busy
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 11:57:42 AM »
Use diagnostic monitoring to watch the status of your B channels.

Offline TechMB

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 12:05:48 PM »
Sorry, I didn't setup the phone system and just learning as I go since it was kind of dropped on me.  The company that setup the phone system closed their doors just last week so I don't really have much support.  What would be the purpose of monitoring the B channels?  How would this help?  I have the advance monitoring system active, where would I check?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 03:32:00 PM »
Sorry, I thought you are a tech. That's deeper than end user should dig.

Monitoring the B channels would tell you what is going on with the PRI. All circuits are busy usually indicates a carrier network problem, not a PBX issue.

Offline magnus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 03:22:38 PM »
Just add the voicemail back into the huntgroup after the extension list.

This sounds to me like the phones are all in use. Unless I am not understanding.

You could try reaching out to another local Vendor. Judging by your username you are in the same province I am, we could help.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10