Author Topic: RMESS Time Out  (Read 1252 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
RMESS Time Out
« on: September 13, 2016, 11:02:06 AM »
I have two sites who up until recently could stand up IP trunks between them and now when they call each other they get out of service. I have gone through all call routing and trunk forms and nothing has changed. All other sites have not been affected. When I run the command RMESS verify pbx lan it comes back with "open timeout" "failed to connect to PBX 23". I have checked routing between sites and when I run ping and trace route from both PBX's it comes back in a normal time range compared to other sites.

When I run "state xnet all" it shows the trunk as out of service. I tried busying out just the trunk by running

"busy xnet icp 23 ip" then runing RTS bringing it back online with no luck. 

1 1 11 232   | 23   |   21 |          |Established   |         |      |       
 1 1 11 235   | 20   |   22 |          |Established   |         |      |       
 1 1 11       |      |   23 |          |Out of Service|         |      |     

Thanks for any help

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: RMESS Time Out
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 11:57:20 AM »
Double-check that you have the correct IP addresses entered in ICP/PBX Networking. Also ensure the subnet mask and default gateway on each controller are correct.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 12:14:56 PM »
I have doubled checked this and nothing has changed.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 01:22:35 PM »
If you're pinging ok and the traceroute looks good then it would appear that your network is ok.
Generally, I see this when the IP address isn't right or perhaps the programming for the remote PBX is wrong.

If you've gone through all of that and you know nothing has changed then you may want to try the simple thing - reboot both controllers.
Usually though, it's a programming issue.

Are these systems on the same subnet? 
Do they traverse a firewall?

Ralph

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 01:25:05 PM »
No, there not on the same subnet and there is no firewall in between them. Private mesh network and there's no connectivity issues between sites. I am the only one who manages the back end of the phone system and I haven't made any changes which makes this weird. I have recently updated one of the sites to the latest software but that was this weekend and the issue started well before that. I will try rebooting both sides tonight and see what happens.

Thanks,

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10