Author Topic: Newbie - Taking on new Line of Business (Mitel 3300)  (Read 873 times)

Offline bcandell

• View Profile
Newbie - Taking on new Line of Business (Mitel 3300)
« on: September 08, 2016, 10:40:07 AM »
Good morning,
I am hoping that this is the right place to start, as I am rather new to telephony.. I have experience in development and system administration, but the Mitel is nothing more than a black box of questions for me and my colleagues.

Right now, our organization is in the process of taking on the "Administrative duties" for another.. For all intense and purpose, I need a way to look/feel/act like the other organization for SOME of the outgoing and incoming calls..

SO...

In meeting with our local representative, we have figured out a couple of ways to make the outbound calls appear from a toll free number that we just purchased.
1. DID CPN Substitution
2. Associated Directory Numbers

I can then add a Single Line or Multicall line to the proper telephones so it can appear as that organization. Ideally, I would have liked to use DID so I didn't have to have an entry for every one of our extensions in the ADN, but our DID CPN substitution seems to be limited to 4-digit numbers. While possible, we will be doing more of this in the future, and I am trying to avoid the confusion for how many "phantom" extensions I need to create..

For example:
Prime Extension = 5726
Ideal Phantom Extension = 315726 (3 = Alternate Organization, 1 = Specific Organization ID)

In the future, if we administered for another organization, I could then use 325726 to keep it consistent.

If I go that route, it would seem that my only option would be to use "Associated Directory Numbers" because I can't do CPN substitution on anything with more than 4 digits.

So, I am looking for any thoughts on the best way to keep that organized in a sane fashion. Our DIDs from the carrier are a scattered, so I haven't found a way to achieve the same concept in a 4 digit fashion.

Lastly, I am looking for a way to identify an incoming call as the name of the Organization we are administering, so that an Agent can clearly see who the call is from.

I understand that the LED will light if the agent is on that screen, but I am curious if there is any way to alter the Caller ID for the incoming toll free number to also change or show the name of the organization.

I sure hope I am making sense..

Any thoughts and advice would be great. I understand enough to be dangerous, and need to be even more dangerous.. :)

Offline bcandell

• View Profile
Re: Newbie - Taking on new Line of Business (Mitel 3300)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 10:43:07 AM »
I forgot to give some information that I imagine might be helpful:

- We have 2 PRI's from our Carrier
- Carrier is Charter Communications
- We have the following ranges of DID's
   - 2000-2099,2600-2639,2900,2981-2999,5700-5759,5761-5799
- All of our staff are using the 5330 IP Phones (except for Reception)
- Release Level 7.0 SP1 PR2
- Active Software Load 13.0.1.53

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10