Author Topic: MiCollab Softphone  (Read 8364 times)

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
MiCollab Softphone
« on: September 08, 2016, 01:58:59 AM »
In MiCollab Client Server, under the Accounts, you have "Softphone" as a feature, depending on whether the user belongs to as profile that has the feature.
In MiCollab Server, under MiCollab Client, there is a "Softphone Extension" field, which is a drop-down box similar to how you assign a Mailbox, but for me this field has no options for population. When I create a new "phone", softphone is not an option, and the new phone always appears as an available option under "deskphone" not "softphone".

This is where I would expect the I&M Guide should include the relevant info, but I can't see it there.

Anybody know the answer to this?

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: MiCollab Softphone
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 03:10:44 AM »
OK, in the MiCollab Client Server, under the "configuration" then "Accounts" going into a user account, I can add a "phone" and select "MiNet softphone".
(It wants a number - I'm not following any doco for this so I've just put in a number similar to what I use for other MDUG group members for the same user - i'd rather be following a procedure than guessing....).
Now what? In the MiCOllab Server under that user, there is still no option appearing for "Softphone".
Maybe the "Synchronization" on the MiCOllab Client Server is relevant here - there is a drop down box where all the different feature profiles show up - what does this do? More mystery and guessing...

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 06:20:25 PM »
Did you build a soft phone as a "UC Endpoint" in MiVB or MiCollab users and services.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 07:18:00 PM »
Aha, so I deleted the "Minet Softphone" I created in MiCollab Client server user account, and created a "UC Endpoint" as an extra user phone in MiCollab Server Users and Services. (I used the default "71" as the SIP device capabilities, I guess I would need to find the relevant documentation to know how to configure this specifically for Softphone.)

Now, that softphone automatically appears in the MiCollab Client Server user account. And in the MiCollab Account, that softphone now appears as a phone in "Manage Account".

And now I have "Softphone Settings" under configuration, so the YouTube video I found will probably explain the rest to me...fingers crossed

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 07:28:43 PM »
OK, so final steps -
 - go into MiCollab Client, Configuration, Softphone Settings, and tick the box and save
 - select the softphone on the right-hand side of the MiCollab Client.

Seems to work.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 08:07:45 PM »
So, trying it now on a Mitel Cloud MiCollab v7 and I can't see in Users and Services a "Groups" tab so not sure how you are supposed to add the softphone to the MDUG. (I've hardly used v7 yet, don't know how it works).

The softphone has a red cross through it on the MiCollab Client.

When adding it to the "Phones" against the user, it gave itself a default setting of "Full" instead of multidevice.
I changed one user's to "Multi" successfully, but the other user gives me a "invalid service level" error and won't change it. Both users appear identical to me, except one has an active Mobile client and the other doesn't.
Either way, both users have a red cross through their softphone and can't use it.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 09:05:07 PM »
If adding after initial setup you will need to manually add it to the MDUG, thing there is a quick link to that form inside the phone section of MiCollab

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10