Author Topic: Connecting to pre 6.0 versions with newest admin and diagnostics release  (Read 1105 times)

Offline drumster34

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hi all. I was wondering if there is a way to connect to pre 6.0 db versions with the newest release of System Administration and Diagnostics. All of the db plugins are there but we are unable to connect remotely to anything before release 6.0, in fact we can't even open backups that are pre 6.0. Is there an additional plugin needed and/or is there a way to run an older version of admin and diagnostics side by side with the newest one on the same PC? Thanks in advance

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
drumster34,

I don't seem to be having that problem at all. Are you sure that you have all the plugins for each database version you are trying to log into?

Thanks,

TE

Offline drumster34

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Yes, I have verified. We have been having this problem since the update. Do you know of a way to have more than one admin and diag instance installed on the same pc?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
drumster34,

No, it will only allow the one that I know of.

Sorry,

TE

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Did you install the right plugins (64 bit vs 32 bit).  When you clickhelp/about (question mark top right) do you see all those versions?

Offline drumster34

• Contributer
    • View Profile
dwayneg,

Yes. I have only ever used the 32 bit versions and yes I verified that the plugins are there.

Thanks for the response!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
drumster,

It sounds as though you need to uninstall and reinstall all the software.

Sorry,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Yes, I have verified. We have been having this problem since the update. Do you know of a way to have more than one admin and diag instance installed on the same pc?
I run some of the "old" software in a VirtualBox installation of Windows XP, it works fine... VirtualBox and a Windows XP machine are my savior for a lot of things.

I don't know if you are doing this, but do NOT try to install the old db studio software with the new MSAD application installed, it will have bad consequences. Make sure you are using the correct plug-ins only.

If you are still having issues, I recommend the same as TE, uninstall all programs and plugins, and reinstall as needed.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10