Author Topic: Alarm 101  (Read 6183 times)

Offline magnus

• View Profile
Alarm 101
« on: August 23, 2016, 04:06:19 PM »
Customer called in stating their 8528 is not functioning properly. I have replaced it once. And moved that user to the second DDM. Alarm 101 is displaying on their Admin phone and their system.
I am the vendor.
They are using a 6.1.3.28. The phone in question is in an outbuilding with 5 other phones that are working properly.

I do not have any remote access and they are about a 2.5 hour drive each way.

Any ideas on what would cause the phone to stop responding and go blank?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Alarm 101
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 04:31:11 PM »
Alarm 101 is station lockout due to excessive data errors. It's a hardware issue: the phone, the card, cabling or line cord, voice jack or block could all be the source of the problem.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Alarm 101
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 10:36:39 AM »
Since this is an outbuilding you have lots of opportunities for dirty wiring.  Since it's a distant location I'd try replacing all the cross-connects at each end, choosing a different pair on the buried or overhead feeder, using a different lightning suppression at each end, re-punching any connections you don't replace (both ends of station cable, for example), and changing the base cord.  The biggest cause I've seen for this error is oxidized punch downs at 66 blocks, but any of these others could be a candidate.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10