Author Topic: Call Forward Always and then Voicemail  (Read 1525 times)

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Call Forward Always and then Voicemail
« on: August 22, 2016, 01:03:51 AM »
So, I've got ext. 1100, he's set himself up to Call Forward Always to ext.1200
When 1200 is Busy/No Answer, it goes to the Voicemail huntgroup which answers it and sees that it was a call for 1100 and goes to VMailbox1100

What do I have to do so that calls for 1100 that were forwarded to 1200 , if they then go to voicemail, they go to VMBox 1200?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Call Forward Always and then Voicemail
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 04:30:14 AM »
What type of voicemail? Embedded or NuPoint?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 07:59:24 AM »
In general, when you forward a call to VM it will carry the originally called extension number.
If you're using a NuPoint then there are other things you can do.
I'll assume you're using the embedded.

The only way to change what extension is presented is to queue it for 1 second to an ACD group.
That means your ACD group has to have a mailbox that matches your ACD path number.
In other words, if you want it to go into mailbox 1200 then you need an ACD path of 1200.
Depending on what 1200 is being used for you may be able to creatively redesign 1200 to match your application.

Ralph

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 07:58:48 PM »
Thanks, what about if I'm using NuPoint?

I don't really want to be creating ACD paths (or Call Director) on behalf of people who are trying to forward each others' extension to one another.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 08:50:01 AM »
We may have to have a NuPoint tech jump in on the question but it is possible to do.
In the mailbox you want it to go to, add the number into the "alternate extension" field.
That's it.

Ralph

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 07:06:56 PM »
The original number dialed will get to it's mailbox if it gets to vm be it embedded or nupoint. Is this not the current behavior?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 07:13:59 PM »
We may have to have a NuPoint tech jump in on the question but it is possible to do.
In the mailbox you want it to go to, add the number into the "alternate extension" field.
That's it.

Ralph
This is the best answer without getting crazy with ACD Express paths and phantom extensions, add it when needed, and when it's not needed, remove it manually.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 07:38:21 PM »
The original number dialed will get to it's mailbox if it gets to vm be it embedded or nupoint. Is this not the current behavior?

Yes I believe this is on most systems, if I called someone and they had forwarded their phone to another user I want to leave a message for the person I called, not whoever the call was forwarded to.

This is the nature of the beast, although there are work arounds it is working as designed.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 10:46:27 PM »
When Officer A is absent, and Officer B is assigned to act in A's absence, they will expect callers and their messages to go to B.
I imagine this expectation relates to how their old digital system worked.

I don't want to spend ages configuring stuff every time they are in this situation (which is frequently). And then un-doing it.

(I will try adding A's extn. to Bs mailbox as an alternate extension to see if that provides the desired effect).

At this stage, my best answer is that B should have access to A's email (for the same reason they want to be getting their calls) and that voicemail messages for A will be going to that email account (thanks to the magic of NuPoint), therefore B will have access to them without me having to do anything at all (which is how I like it).

The default behaviour has often been questioned by this particular organisation - they *really* don't understand why somebody who isn't taking the calls still gets the voicemails.

Longer term, I really need to get them to work on an agreed extension range of "public, published" numbers. Then when they need to expose a number to the public for a particular service or project, we can create a ring group or something and not have all these problems.
And maybe a bit more Call Director. I created a Call Director for one of the sections and sent them instructions for recording the prompts. They thought it was too complciated, which was annoying, because they'd have loved it once it was up and running.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 11:39:16 PM »
If they think recording a node id is complicated you can ease the pain for them if you like.

What I have done in the past with NuPoint voice mail is create a speed call with all the required digits to login to the mailbox and node id etc...

You just have to work out your sequence to login, pin code, * etc... and then put it all together in a speed call.
e.g.
6000 - VM Pilot number
1234 - Pin Code
002 - Node ID

You would then create a speed call e.g. 2000 that contained the below (P is a pause)
6000P1234*002

What should happen is that it will dial NuPoint, wait a few seconds, enter your pin 1234 then * then 002 for Node ID.
You should get get prompted after a short time 'Message 002, to make a new recording .....'

You can also use this procedure to login as other mailboxes etc...

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10