Author Topic: Pager is busy error and unable to clear  (Read 2185 times)

Offline gssieg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Pager is busy error and unable to clear
« on: August 12, 2016, 12:21:54 PM »
Hello,

We have a Mitel 3300 with about 550 phones we have been having an issue lately where someone is accidentally paging and not hanging up the phone.  Normally we hear them talking or something and can determine where the issue is.  However today the system activated and there is no noise at all just showing the page port is busy.  I've disconnected the port from the back of the 3300 and the paging system clears plug it back in and instantly shows active again.  The last time I had this happen I reached out to our local Mitel vendor and was told because it was a feature code there was no way to track it in the logs.  Is there anything someone can think of I've been searching google and looking at the system for about an hour now with no luck.  I've even thought if I can determine which phones are currently active I could better track it however I have not figured out a way to do that yet either.

Thanks,

Greg

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Pager is busy error and unable to clear
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 06:53:58 PM »
There is a way but it's complex to set up.
1) create an IP loopback trunk.
2) Route the page via ars through the loopback trunk.
3) after the call is disconnected then you can check the SMDR records for the culprit.

I'm not sure on this one but I think it will work:
1) Look up the PLID of your phone.
2) Make a page.
3) Before hanging up the page do a "reso <your plid>".  You should then see the PLID of the page port.
4) Next time it happens do a "Reso <Page Plid>".  That will show you the PLID of the connected phone.
5) Enter "Loc PLID <connected phone>".  That will show you the extension of the connected phone.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10