Author Topic: Non-user company numbers into MiCollab  (Read 1320 times)

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Non-user company numbers into MiCollab
« on: August 11, 2016, 03:07:53 AM »
I wonder how other people have dealt with this:
I have a bunch of users, they have MiCollab, and when they want to ring each other, they can just click in MiCollab. They think it's great.
Now, I have an IT Support team who can be reached via a ring group on 1111.
My users complained, saying, "We can't see 1111 in the MiCollab directory".
So, I added it in so it was visible in MiCollab.
(Question #1: what is the best way to add a ring group to the corporate directory so it appears in MiCollab?)
Straightaway, the users complained: "I can see 1111 in MiCollab now, but it's greyed-out, what's wrong with it?".
I found that if I add 1111 as a user to MiCollab and enable MiCollab client for it, linked to its extension, then it was dialable via MiCollab, but still greyed-out.
(Question#2: How do I make it go green?)

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Non-user company numbers into MiCollab
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 06:56:28 PM »
The newest software you can create a user with a phone type phantom. Older versions I usually choose other pbx phone. You will need to add a number for this user in MiCollab.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 10:19:36 PM »
Thanks, just to be clear - this is a Ring Group, so 1111 is a Ring Group on the controller.
I can't see any "phone type" of either "phantom" or "other PBX phone" when I create an extension on the controller, and in any case, I'm pretty sure I can't create an extension using the same number as the Ring Group.
I've created 1111 in MiCollab, and given it MiCollab Client, so it is diallable by other people using their MiCollab Client.
I can't see any "other PBX phone" as an option in MiCollab either.

So, 1111 is a Ring Group on the controller, and it is an extension in MiCollab, it is diallable from MiCollab, but I need it to show the green icon in MiCollab when people look it up in their corporate directoy.
The reason it isn't green seems quite logical to me, but I still want to make it green somehow...

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 07:42:45 PM »
I think it's always grey. The way to do other pbx phone is under the *Phone Type drop down, it should give you the other pbx phone option

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10