Author Topic: Error updating IP Gateway  (Read 1804 times)

Offline eia

• View Profile
Error updating IP Gateway
« on: August 09, 2016, 03:13:26 PM »
First off, forgive me if I'm missing any details, i'm extremely new to Mitel Equipment.

We have a Mitel 5000, Release/Package info is (Mitel_5000_6_0)

We wanted to update our gateway for the device and to that end, tried to change the "Static Processor Module Gateway" field under "IP Settings".

We get the pop up to change the value but after hitting OK, an error is thrown "COM Exception Code=800a0c03 Source=DA0.Database" see screenshot for the full error.

We are not able to change the gateway IP due to this. Any ideas as to what's wrong, perhaps a bug?

Thanks in Advance
Chris

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Error updating IP Gateway
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 04:20:49 PM »
Eia,

The gateway has to be on the same network as the static IP of the base server.

If it is you may just want to try changing it through the front display panel of the system.

Thanks,

TE
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 04:22:57 PM by Tech Electronics »

Offline eia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 08:20:05 AM »
Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I did go to the unit and was able to change the gateway, but upon saving, it displayed error on the console.

Regarding the gateway being on the same network, this is a 192.168.1.0/24 network and the "Static Processor Module IP Address" of this unit is 192.168.1.101. I also see a setting for "PPP IP Address" and this is a different network but I don't know what this is. Also, we have a "Base Server/Processing Server Connection Strings" setting but this is disconnected. I'm assuming we do not have a wired connection for this?

The error does seem to suggest a possible misconfiguration rather than a bug. Any other thoughts/Ideas?
Thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 09:00:40 AM »
PPP is used for the modem connection, it is generally not necessary to change or set this unless you are doing remote access to the system via dialup analog modem.

Perhaps adding a screenshot of your IP Settings page and noting what you would like to change exactly would be useful.

There are no known issues in any version of the 5000 I am aware of with basic IP settings. You generally don't mess with Base Server or Expansion Server IP settings unless you have a PS-1 (external call processing server).

Offline eia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 04:39:45 PM »
Here is the setting we want to change, attached.
The error seems to be complaining about a device ID.
Thanks

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 06:50:31 PM »
Eia,

If you want send me an email with your database and I will try to repair it and send it back.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 07:19:14 AM »
Looks like TE went straight to what I was thinking as well, probably some minor database corruption. Clean database, change setting off-line, then restore it.

@eia You may be able to do this yourself if you are comfortable enough with the system, but I would suggest you let someone who is well versed in this guide you, whether it is TE or your local Mitel vendor.

Offline eia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 08:12:56 AM »
Thanks for the feedback. At least we are more confident that's it's not a bug.
Is there any utility to repair the database or is this more of a manual type of thing?
Also, can you point me to any documentation for the same?

We do have a local Mitel third party agent but it seems our software support with Mitel is expired and unless we renew, our options seem to be limited.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 06:39:31 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. At least we are more confident that's it's not a bug.
Is there any utility to repair the database or is this more of a manual type of thing?
Also, can you point me to any documentation for the same?

We do have a local Mitel third party agent but it seems our software support with Mitel is expired and unless we renew, our options seem to be limited.
The Database Repair tool is built into Mitel System Administrations and Diagnostics utility in the tools menu (you may not have access to this menu option, it needs to be enabled in the settings and is disabled by default).

The process is pretty simple for a trained technician...

1) Backup the database
2) Do a repair with the Database Repair tool
3) Open the resulting file as an off-line database
4) Make the necessary changes to gateway
5) Do another Database Repair to verify the integrity of the database
6) Do a system restore to the system.

You do not need active software assurance or a support contract to do any of these things and, barring any unforeseen circumstances, any qualified Mitel technician should be able to perform this task in a standard one hour service call. Your total down time should be less than 20 minutes.

I would caution you that, although the process seems simple and the chances something will go wrong are remote, if something does go south it can be difficult to nearly impossible for an untrained person to rectify the situation in a short time frame. I would suggest contacting your vendor for a service call to perform this process.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 06:41:40 PM by acejavelin »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10