Author Topic: Mitel 5000 - Forwards to main line instead of voicemail  (Read 1240 times)

Offline fissette101

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5000 - Forwards to main line instead of voicemail
« on: August 09, 2016, 09:44:25 AM »
Good morning,
I have recently taken over the IT department of a school that utilizes Mitel 5000 series IP phones.  I have an issue with one line that no matter what I try when it receives calls instead of going to voicemail on no answer it routes back to the main number.  I have disabled call forwarding every way that I know how.  Any assistance would be appreciated! Thank you!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 - Forwards to main line instead of voicemail
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 11:34:05 AM »
Fissette,

What do you mean by it routes back to the main number?

Thanks,

TE

Offline fissette101

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 12:51:21 PM »
What do you mean by it routes back to the main number?

When you dial our main number - then enter the extension number it rings and then forwards back to the main number.  It seems like it is setup to forward on no answer - but I disabled that on the handset.  What else could be missing?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 01:18:22 PM »
Are you talking about one DID (a number that rings directly to a phone) or a phone line (an external, analog CO line)?

If it is a DID number that is not going to voicemail, check the station flags and verify System Forwarding is not disabled.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 01:25:42 PM »
Fissette101,

Alright so a call comes in on your main number and gets answered by an auto attendant of some sort. Then the caller dials an extension that has no system forwarding associated with it. After a certain period of time without being answered it will RECALL back to the auto attendant not call back out of the phone system to the main number.

What you are most likely dealing with is the Recall scenario and the caller gets sent back to the transferring station; in this case the auto attendant.

What do you want it to do?

Thanks,

TE

Offline fissette101

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 03:12:26 PM »
Are you talking about one DID (a number that rings directly to a phone) or a phone line (an external, analog CO line)?

If it is a DID number that is not going to voicemail, check the station flags and verify System Forwarding is not disabled.
Thank you! That was it -  System Forwarding was disabled.  Thank you for the help!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10