Author Topic: Hunt Group is Busy  (Read 2034 times)

Offline NKADD

• View Profile
Hunt Group is Busy
« on: August 05, 2016, 11:59:56 AM »
I have a Hunt Group setup, 2014.

The Members list of 2014 is an Extension List, P0004.

There are 17 extensions in the Extension List.

The expected behavior is that all 17 extensions ring (either simultaneously or linearly) when the Hunt Group is dialed.

When I dial 2014, I receive Hunt Group (Username) is Busy.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Hunt Group is Busy
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 12:21:26 PM »
Check the Station Flags on the stations for Hunt Group Remove/Replace... make sure they say "Replace"

That would be my first place to look because it sounds like there are no members in the group.

Offline NKADD

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 12:30:07 PM »
Apparently, the extensions in the Hunt Group can remove themselves from the Hunt Group by dialing 323. As it turns out, all extensions had removed themselves from the Hunt Group, thus no one was in the Hunt Group and therefore, the Busy Signal.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 01:21:48 PM »
NKADD,

If that is the case then most like 323 or 324 is a common area or office code for your users. There are two things you can do to alleviate this issue in the future.

1. Force the use of the Special key for all Dialed Feature Codes.
2. Put a Hunt Group Remove/Replace button on those users phones so they can see when they have removed themselves and they can press it to put themselves back in.

Thanks,

TE

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 02:51:49 PM »
I also change all the feature codes local users commonly stumble into by adding 98 before the 3XX code...5 digits make it harder to hit by mistake.  Usually codes are invoked by user forgetting to press OUTGOING before making a call, start dialing 3XX and suddenly phone behaves strangely.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 06:30:03 PM »
I also change all the feature codes local users commonly stumble into by adding 98 before the 3XX code...5 digits make it harder to hit by mistake.  Usually codes are invoked by user forgetting to press OUTGOING before making a call, start dialing 3XX and suddenly phone behaves strangely.
Ahh... good call... I actually find the "Require Special Key for Features" to be an easier method for users to use.

I remember this one install of about 50 phones on a 5000 in Owatonna, MN, 10 or so years ago... Their previous phone system was a Partner that auto selected a line for them... One of the most common local exchanges there was 355-XXXX, not being from there or living there I did not know this, and all their extensions were 4 digits. Caused quite an interesting couple of days immediately following the cut.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 06:31:44 PM by acejavelin »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10