Author Topic: Local Presence  (Read 894 times)

Offline evan631

• View Profile
Local Presence
« on: August 04, 2016, 04:45:34 PM »
We are looking to have our caller ID display a local phone number (which we already own) in the same area code as the number we are calling.  This is called “Local Presence”. 

We can do it using our predictive dialer, but does anybody know of a way to achieve this using a Mitel 3300, using 5330 IP phones? 

For example, if my number has a 516 area code, but I’m dialing into the 212 area code, we would like the number on the recipient’s caller ID to display a 212 number (not my 516), which we already own.

Thanks for the info

-Evan

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Local Presence
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 04:52:02 PM »
Sure.  Go into the Associated Directory Number form and put your extension number in, select CLID from the drop down and put your 212 number in.

There's a chance that your carrier won't let you do that so if your call fails then call your carrier.

Ralph

Offline evan631

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 05:38:40 PM »
Thanks for the reply Ralph!

I guess my example was a bit misleading.

Maybe this will clarify it.....

We have virtual phone numbers in every area code that we do business in throughout the US.

The way our predictive dialer works...if its calling a 212 number, it changes it's caller ID to one of our phone numbers in the 212 area code. If its calling a 718 number, it does the same...changes is caller ID to our number in the 718 area code. If the person who received the call dials the caller ID number it will ring into our main HQ office.

We would like to do the same with our phones where there is no predictive dialer.  If they dial a number in any of our area codes it changes the caller ID to reflect the local area code being called. Keep in mind the caller ID number provided will always ring to the main HQ office, with a people answering or VM.

I hope this cleared it up.

Thanks again!

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2016, 08:10:26 AM »
On the 3300 the CLID is based on the source of the outbound call.
There is no way to change it dynamically.
However, what you can do is set up different sources on your desktop phone.
The way to do that is to set up different keys on your phone, i.e. extension 5555.   You'd then set that key up so that when it's used it will show the CLID you want it to.

You'd have to do this for every virtual number you have.

Or..
You can hotdesk into your phone with a different extension number for when you want to dial 212 number and then hot desk into your phone with a different extension when you want to call a different area code.

Ralph

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 05:15:25 PM »
What kind of trunks?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10