Author Topic: Help with Secondary Extension Key  (Read 2395 times)

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Help with Secondary Extension Key
« on: August 02, 2016, 04:04:03 PM »
In the multiple years I've taken care of this system, I haven't had to program much of anything.  Now I need some help and Mitel has a 5 day wait for help.

CEO is going out for a week x2901
CEO's assistant is also going out for part of that time x2902
CEO's assistant has Programmable Key 3 set as a Secondary Extension Key for 2901 Ring when "1"

Different assistant x2909 has been volunteered to receive CEO's calls in the same way (if I can't figure this out, we'll just forward the darn thing).
Different assistant has Prog Key 2 available, so I set it to Secondary Extension Key for 2901 Ring when "1"

I call 2901 from my cell (full number) and Different Assistant gets no sound from her desktop phone.  CEO's assistant still does.  How do I get the Different assistant's phone to ring so she can pick up the phone?

Thanks.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Secondary Extension Key
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 07:55:42 AM »
Akuhn,

I am not sure if you still need help with this, but this is typically considered a simple setup; with a couple of caveats.

1. The key you program it on works just like a normal PKM/DSS/BLF.
2. It will alert the phone when the amount of calls set in the Ring When field is either ringing or camped on at the station set in the Selection field.
3. The user has to press the button to answer the call.
4. They have to be on the same node as the phone they are monitoring.

Typically it won't ring the phone when the Ring When is set to 0 or the amount of calls has not been reached yet.

Your test was a good one, but did the user see the Secondary Extension light up showing a call or did nothing at all happen?

Thanks,

TE
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 08:41:40 AM by Tech Electronics »

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 08:31:16 AM »
From your description, seems like it should work.  Assuming 2902 are basically the same setup, try copying 2902, then pasting KEYMAPS and PROGRAMMABLE KEYS to 2909.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 11:16:47 AM »
The new extension did see the light on her phone light up - but there was no sound to alert her.  Since the phone isn't in her field of site, we need a ring as well. 

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 03:06:21 PM »
Akuhn,

Make sure the 2909 phone rings for any type of call. Try FC 398 and set it to something other than 0 and try again.

Thanks,

TE

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 03:32:27 PM »
If the assistant only has an intercom key and no call keys then the secondary extension will not ring. (Even when ring is set to "1")
Either add a call key or change the intercom key to a call key.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10