Author Topic: Conference Options  (Read 1539 times)

Offline xxovermetalxx

• View Profile
Conference Options
« on: August 01, 2016, 12:15:01 PM »
The president of our company would like a conference phone set up on his desk, as speaker phone isn't quite loud enough for him when other employees sit in on calls. He currently uses a 5360 with a cordless module installed. We don't want him to lose the cordless phone.... are there any options other than losing the cordless phone in favor of a 5310 conference module? I have seen this unit:

http://www.mitel.com/products/business-phones/mivoice-conference-phone

But, since there is no handset with that unit, this would have to be a second phone on his desk, with a second number, which might not be the best solution.

I appreciate any suggestions in advance, thanks!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Conference Options
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 03:13:49 PM »
xxovermetalxx,

Do you currently have a Bluetooth module or a DECT Module on the phone?

If you have a Bluetooth module it can support up to 6 devices and one of those could be an external speaker phone like the Logitech® P710e Mobile Speakerphone.

If you already have a DECT Module then this is not an option and going with the UC360 would be your best bet unless you wanted to go with a traditional analog speakerphone. If you go with the UC360 and your software version is at least 5.0 then you can setup a Dynamic Extension between the two phones and then use the handoff feature to send over to the speakerphone or they could do a reverse transfer from the UC360 from any other phone on the system. I would not however try to setup the conference call on the UC360 though, but use the conference assistant or the 5360 to start the conference and then move it over to the UC360.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 10:50:09 PM »
I would go with a Polycom IP 5000 or 7000, depending on the size of the office. Excellent voice quality, much more user friendly than the UC360.

Offline xxovermetalxx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 09:48:40 AM »
Thank you very much for the replies. In terms of which module we have, I am not sure. The module part number is 50005521 which appears to be the Bluetooth module? But on the phone, when I go to settings>cordless devices "DECT Module" and "DECT Handset" are both displayed.

Are you saying that if I had the Bluetooth module I could pair both an external speaker as well as the cordless handset? I'm not opposed to purchasing a different module if that is what you are saying.

Thanks again for the help!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 07:20:11 AM »
xxovermetalxx,

That is indeed the DECT module which means you have a DECT Handset. They do make a Bluetooth version, but obviously the range and penetration of the DECT is much better than Bluetooth; that is the nature of the technologies.

If you want to see the Bluetooth option then look here.

http://www.mitel.com/products/business-phones/mitel-bluetooth-accessories

Thanks,

TE

Offline xxovermetalxx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 10:24:42 AM »
Thanks again for the replies! I think my plan will be to buy the Bluetooth module and handset and a third party Bluetooth speakerphone, as you suggested.

I am thinking of getting this one:

https://www.cdw.com/shop/products/Jabra-SPEAK-51-MS-USB-VoIP-Desktop-Hands-free/3057787.aspx?enkwrd=7510-309&pfm=srh

... Should the Bluetooth module have any trouble pairing with this?

Thanks again!

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 02:24:13 PM »
Bear in mind that Bluetooth does not have the same range as DECT.
If your CEO like to wander around the building while talking on his phone then this will be a problem.

Ralph

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 03:15:22 PM »
xxovermetalxx,

It should work with most Bluetooth devices. Now as Ralph and I have both stated Bluetooth technology has a very limited range; 30' so keep that in mind.

Thanks,

TE

Offline xxovermetalxx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 12:15:28 PM »
Thank you all very much!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10