Author Topic: Busy tone voicemails  (Read 1294 times)

Offline jose

• View Profile
Busy tone voicemails
« on: July 28, 2016, 10:39:51 AM »
I have a mitel 5000 with about 17 phones and 6 incoming lines.   For sometime now, I have had "blank/empty" voicemail that are about 3-5 minutes long that are just busy signals.  They usually seem to only happen after hours when we have the phone system on night mode.  We have a button programmed with a night mode button that sends all afterhours calls to voicemail.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Busy tone voicemails
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 10:57:59 AM »
Does your Fax run through the system as well, when a Fax comes in and is answered it emits a constant beeping as it tries to handshake.

If you have inadvertantly routed your Fax DDI to VM on night mode this could cause it.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 01:18:14 PM »
Jose,

With the information you provided I would guess that you have POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) lines attached.

Most likely you are not seeing a positive disconnect on at least one of your lines.

Get your 5000 vendor to come out and check your lines and see if that is your problem. If it is they will know what to do in order to resolve the problem.

Thanks,

TE

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 02:04:58 PM »
Consider not routing calls directly to VM, so many things can cause empty messages expecially with cells and SIP trunks nowadays.  I always answer at night with a message about being closed, then offer "Press 1 to leave a message".  Or even multiple mailbox choices.  A side benefit is that you could allow extension dialing during the announcement, either announced or not, so I can find you if I know you're working late.

Offline jose

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 03:13:35 PM »
unfortunately, this is a medical clinic that only operates from 8-5.  this i have a total of 4 mitel 5000 installed and only 1 has this problem.  we have to have a night mode with a message to leave a vm. as a matter of fact we are changing this one system to offer the press 1 to leave a vm.

Consider not routing calls directly to VM, so many things can cause empty messages expecially with cells and SIP trunks nowadays.  I always answer at night with a message about being closed, then offer "Press 1 to leave a message".  Or even multiple mailbox choices.  A side benefit is that you could allow extension dialing during the announcement, either announced or not, so I can find you if I know you're working late.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 08:45:54 PM »
I would change them all and be done with it. Several times, I've seen phone lines that worked fine for years suddenly have an issue.

It will also eliminate messages from robo calls or wrong-number fax calls.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10