Author Topic: Help Please!! MBG/Teleworker no audio  (Read 3967 times)

Offline BlackSunshine

• View Profile
Help Please!! MBG/Teleworker no audio
« on: July 27, 2016, 09:10:57 AM »
I have contacted Mitel Support but the will not help me since it is one the outside world network.  I Have MBG 9.2 set up on 3300 MiVoice 7.2 SP1 PR1.  MBG is in the DMZ.  I currently using MBG also for SIP Trunks which are working fine.  However when I connect phone to MBG from outside world via a router...I get no audio either way when a call is placed.  I check the alarms on MBG and I get an alarm for one-way audio from that phones MAC address.   Here is the catch ...if I eliminate the router on the outside world and connect the broadband/DSL directly to Mitel phone via a POE brick... it works great.   I understand it must be a firewall issue on the outside world router but why?  Isnt it suppose to tunnel through using TCP ports 6801 6802?  I have used the Teleworker Network Analyzer with and without a router on the outside and I get same ports being open/closed.  I greatly appreciate any help.

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Help Please!! MBG/Teleworker no audio
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 09:42:16 AM »
the audio doesn't tunnel on 6801/6802, those ports are for signaling. The audio, rtp, stream will normally work *if* you have teleworker licenses to turn on the NAT bypass feature. Do you see any alarms for license failures?

Otherwise, your router is badly behaved, what model is it?

Offline BlackSunshine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 12:36:15 PM »
I've tested with several different routers and locations...different broadband and networks....same no matter where I go.  If it was a license issue it seems it wouldn't connect without a router on the outside

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 12:41:43 PM »
definately strange... privately send me the /var/log/tug/tug.log file after you make a test call and I'll take a look.

Offline BlackSunshine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 10:42:14 AM »
Fixed this issue.  Mitel MBG Engineering guidelines says to open UDP RTP ports 20000-31000..... these ports were open... Checked firewall and for some reason RTP traffic was coming in TCP RTP ports 20000-31000 which was blocked on firewall.  Open RTP ports 20000-31000 UDP and TCP...works now

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10