Author Topic: Voicemail to Email delay  (Read 1537 times)

Offline tdschwarz

• View Profile
Voicemail to Email delay
« on: July 22, 2016, 02:40:08 PM »
I have been having an issue for a few months now that I can't seem to find any info about and haven't been able to find a solution. Our system is a 5000CP running 5.0 firmware. Voicemail to email has been configured for several years and hasn't ever had problems until recently.

It stopped working for a few weeks, and then when it started sending email again the attached messages were 13-14 days old. It consistently sends email, but it never seems to catch back up to the current date. Shutting the system down and powering it back up doesn't seem to change the frequency/speed of messages being sent.

The exim logs don't indicate messages being hung up in a queue, it seems like the problem is with avdap or some other process not converting the messages in time. I have tried using both mp3 and wav attachments and it hasn't made a difference. I don't know what to do to get it back on track, anyone else had an issue similar to this?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Voicemail to Email delay
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 08:12:23 PM »
tdschwarz,

Your best bet is to get Mitel direct involved as they are the only ones capable of getting deep enough to fix this issue. As for changing the attachments from .wav to .mp3 that would only make things worse as it takes more processing power to convert to .mp3 on the 5000 than it does to .wav so make sure all of them are set to .wav to ensure that your processor can keep up with the load.

There is a known issue with having .mp3 setup on any system that doesn't have a PS-1 [External Processing Server] and it will slow down the voice mail system and even lock it up if there is too many messaging being converted to .mp3 and being sent out.

Thanks,

TE

Offline tdschwarz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 04:47:51 PM »
I think I may have been unclear in my original post. It was set up to send .mp3 attachments but I switched everything over to .wav hoping that would help. We have less than 10 users set up with vm to email so I don't think volume/processing power is the issue. Our CPU and ram usually have lots of head room. I'll try contacting Mitel direct, thought I would check here first to see if anyone else had experienced the same issues. Thanks for the response!

Offline rjflak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 11:21:05 AM »
Did you ever figure out your voicemail to email delay? We are having the same issues, we get a email about 2 weeks after the voicemail.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10