Author Topic: Transfer Recall not working  (Read 3876 times)

Offline jmorgan121

• View Profile
Transfer Recall not working
« on: July 13, 2016, 07:44:53 PM »
I have a Mitel 250 HX running 6.1.4.56. A total of ten extensions with no personal voice mail boxes. Only a general mailbox associated with the receptionist at extension 2001. A total of 7 copper lines in trunk group 92001 that ring into Hunt Group 2100 during the day, and a CRA at night. HG 2100 recalls after 19 seconds to a CRA that gives a day time greeting and then flows to the general mailbox. The night time CRA plays a night greeting and then flows to the same general mailbox.

The customer wants outside calls to ring every phone but the receptionist will be the main one answering. When a call is transferred to another extension, they want it to ring back (recall) to the phone that originated the transfer if no one answers. However, my system just forwards the call to voicemail after 20 seconds regardless. Since no phones have a mailbox, I get the general voicemail greeting associated with dialing 2500 "you have reached the Mitel voice processor, to leave a message please enter a mailbox number". If I go to System/Device and Feature codes/ Phones/ "select an extension"/ Associated extensions, every phone has a transfer recall destination set as itself by default. If I change the voicemail field which is 2500 by default, the call forwards to that destination. For example, I can put the HG2100 in the voicemail field and the call will be forwarded back to the hunt group after 20 seconds. All phones ring and the display reads "Forwarded from extension". Regardless of which timer I adjust, it still does the same. If I change the voicemail field to NONE device, the call just rings forever.

I have a loaner cabinet that I use for testing purposes that is running 6.0 software. I can't push the same 6.1 database to the 6.0 loaner but I did build 3 extensions and set the ring in destination and recall timers the same way and it works beautifully.

I put a ticket in with Mitel and the guy basically told me to update the ticket when I figure out what the problem is. He suggested that since the call is ringing into a hunt group, that it is then being transferred from the hunt group and would recall to whatever was set as the recall for the hunt group. I responded if that was the case then it would recall to CRA 2504 which it obviously does not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Transfer Recall not working
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 09:20:58 PM »
Do you have a SYSTEM FORWARDING path for each extension?  Based on what you're trying to do there should NOT be one.  SYSTEM FORWARDING generally trumps recall.  There are other factors that can come into play such as timers, but I'm confident that if you clear that function from the extensions you'll get the behavior you desire.

Offline jmorgan121

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 09:26:18 PM »
No system forwarding at all on any extension. Even went to Device & Feature codes, Phones and set the "System Forwarding" flag to NO. Same problem

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 10:01:45 PM »
Does the system have an Auto Attendant application programmed in addition to the CRAs?

Offline jmorgan121

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 10:29:12 PM »
No. Very simple database. Only default applications (Voice Mail, VM MNR, and Record a Call) and 2 CRAs.

Offline jmorgan121

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 10:40:10 PM »
I've had experiences in the past with things such as changing the outgoing extension trunk group for a phantom/extension, but the change not taking effect unless I delete the phantom and recreate it. So I thought maybe there was some glitch in my database. I rebuilt the database from scratch offline, pushed it to the ICP, and still the same thing.

Like I said, the only thing that makes a difference is changing the voicemail field in associated extensions. I can point that at the hunt group and the transferred call rings the extension for roughly 20 seconds and is then forwarded to the hunt group from that extension, if the hunt group doesn't answer it then hits the hunt group's recall which is a CRA that times out to the general mailbox. That is my temporary fix but the customer wants it transferred back to the originating extension so a live person can take the message when possible. I've modified the "System Forward Initiate" and "System Forward Advance" timers and it still does it at roughly 20 seconds.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 10:55:26 PM »
Check the System Timers. If the transfer timers are shorter than the Recall timer, calls can be transferred to an unwanted destination before the Recall timer kicks in. I'm going from memory, but can give you specific information when I have access to a system in the morning.

If I had to guess, I would say that the Transfer Voice Processor timer needs to be extended.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 06:38:56 AM »
Try these timer settings:

Recall: 20 seconds.

Transfer - Attendant, Available, Busy, Voice Processor: 30 seconds.

Offline jmorgan121

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 04:37:17 PM »
I've adjusted all of those timers, still does the same. If I create mailboxes for the extensions, the system forwards to their personal mailboxes. Without mailboxes I just get 2500 greeting. Don't understand it

Offline jmorgan121

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 05:47:11 PM »
I would like to thank everybody for the help. I finally figured out that I was an idiot. After mulling over this database for a few days, I just now realized that Dynamic Extension was enabled for every user by default for some reason. System was following forwarding for Dynamic Extension. I've never noticed that this was enabled by default.

I'll never forget to check that again. Thanks again.

Let the jokes begin!!! It's ok, I have thick skin.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 07:45:54 PM »
I was thinking DEE, but the "simple database" threw me. It's not enabled by default, someone had to create those users.

Find out who and smack him on the back of the head!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10