Author Topic: Migaratre Fax server (physical) with 4 phone lines to Mitel Fax Over IP  (Read 1762 times)

Offline virtualtechie

• View Profile
Hi There,

We are looking to virtualize our physical fax server , which would mean we can get rid of fax cards and 4 lines that go into those cards. This server is integrated with MSExchange and users get the faxes in a shared mailbox

I have spoken to supplier and they have said we could Fax Over IP , not from a voice background, would someone be able to help with high level steps of how would this be configured in the voice system and how we could still use the same 3 fax numbers and configure/port them with the voice system.

3 main things that I would like to understand

1. How could we keep the same numbers, what happens to the four physical connections
2. what mitel configuration needs to be done and how?
3. any reconfiguration for the email (Exchange?)

ALSO - we are looking at a Cloud FAX solution as well, so if someone could explain the process of porting the numbers to cloud provider as well please? basically over all process

Thanks
Virtual Techie
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 07:39:26 AM by virtualtechie »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Virtual Techie,

I think you answered your own question by saying that you are going with a Cloud Fax solution. If you are not aware the cloud-based service provider would have the same equipment that you currently own at one of their locations that would receive the fax and then email it out to wherever you want it to go. They should be able to give you a DID, or in your case 3 DIDs, that you can point your numbers to and the rest as they say is history.

Now it would depend on how the lines come to you on what you would have to do, but I would just have the numbers forwarded through your CO service provider to the cloud-based service provider and then you won't have to worry about anything being done at your site.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10