Author Topic: How to modify MiCollab Client installation  (Read 4793 times)

Offline DavidZ

• View Profile
How to modify MiCollab Client installation
« on: July 08, 2016, 04:46:21 PM »
Hi guys, I have the problem of Micollab Client tools ver 7.1.0.62. If Micollab Client started before outlook 2013, outlook got error said the current user's OST file was used by Micollab. After I manually disable the outlook extensions, it fixed the problem. But we have around 100 users already have it installed. I tried to remove the registry key and not work. so my plan is here:

1 remove the existing MiCollab client;
2 modify the installation pack to disable outlook extension and re-install it by SCCM.

But I can't find any information how to modify the default installation pack. Any of you guys know about it?  Or any idea to fix the conflict with outlook? Really appreciate your help!

David

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Re: How to modify MiCollab Client installation
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 05:34:54 PM »
I am guessing you are on the right track.  Uninstall and reinstall with a modified version so that there is no integration between Outlook and MiCollab.  The integration is a nice idea, but ultimately it's a performance drain. 

If you search these discussions, I think you will find various entries on how people modified the msi file. 

Offline DavidZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 08:50:44 AM »
Hi Akuhn,

Thanks for your information. I find the way how to modify the server name and it works! but I do a search with key word MSI and still not find how to modify the installation content. do you have any idea where I can find it or how to do it?

Regards,

David

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 08:54:44 AM »
Sorry.  I'm not sure I understand the question.

Offline DavidZ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 02:01:36 PM »
Hi Akuhn,

Sorry for the confusing. here is the detail.

When I install MiCollab by "UnifiedCommunicatorAdvanced_7.1.062.msi", there is no options to select the content which you need. As default, it will install Outlook extension. My question is is there a way to modify the MSI file to remove Outlook extension?

PS I can remove this content once the software installed. but we have more than 100 users here. I can't do it one by one. :(

Regards,

David

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 02:06:56 PM »
Red X everyone of those items and that will de-couple Micollab from Outlook - which is a good idea.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 02:07:34 PM »
Except for the client itself.

Offline DavidZ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 02:20:01 PM »
PS If manually install it, there is option to de-select it. But we are using SCCM push the installation for all users. I want to know if any way to modify it by MSP file or MSI or add some command line to remove this content.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2016, 02:23:04 PM »
I think you are going to have to manually edit the MSI file.  I don't know if the arguments exist to put into an MST file or answer file to deselect the Outlook options.  If you search on MSI file in this board, you might find older discussions (I think I did it once) on how to approach this.  Or call Mitel. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10