Author Topic: Mitel Database Utilities Question  (Read 1434 times)

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Mitel Database Utilities Question
« on: June 29, 2016, 05:23:09 PM »
Hello Fellow Mitel 5000 Techs,
I am in the process of getting a customer moved over from an older version to the newer 6.1.4.57. I completed a back up and tested the database using the Mitel Database Utilities app. I ran into the following:

I do not have any digital sets with this Mitel system. (Only IP Phones) any idea on what Device 11 is? And also just looking at this it looks like it may be a "Key Map" type issue, would I be correct?

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel Database Utilities Question
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 08:53:37 AM »
Irongladiator,

The way the database works is that device is associated with a device type. Device Type 11 is keymaps.

So you are correct in that it is a keymap issue.

Thanks,

TE

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 11:52:23 AM »
Irongladiator,

The way the database works is that device is associated with a device type. Device Type 11 is keymaps.

So you are correct in that it is a keymap issue.

Thanks,

TE

Hi TE,
Thanks for the response. I know my pic only said "Device 11" but I actually had Devices 10 thru 26" come up with this same error. Is there a way for me to easily see which extension is "Device 10 thru 26"? (I wish it would just come right out and say which extension it was - they can't make it too easy for us huh?  ;) )

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 09:34:52 PM »
irongladiator,

Well, the answer is yes and no, but I don't recommend you doing this on a database you plan on uploading to a customer site.

The No is there is not an approved method for finding out how Mitel/Inter-Tel setup their relational database and for the most part it really shouldn't matter to us.

The Yes is that there is a reverse-engineering way of finding out how their relational database is setup if you have Microsoft Access on your PC. I do not recommend that you try and reload whatever you reverse-engineer, but it will let you know everything you ever wanted to know about the database, but it is for information purposes only.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10