Author Topic: RAD Port or MCD Mailbox License  (Read 1662 times)

Offline AdamG

• View Profile
RAD Port or MCD Mailbox License
« on: June 29, 2016, 11:26:06 AM »
Hi guys,

We've recently upgraded to 3300 and have had an external company record some marketing messages for us to play whilst Customers queue. in order to get these active we've been given the decision to either turn some of our IVR Ports to RAD Ports or buy an MCD Mailbox License.

Both cost around the same and we have enough IVR Ports free to use so both are viable options but I'm just wondering if anybody here has any experience with both and could let me know of any pros/cons of each?

thanks in advance!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: RAD Port or MCD Mailbox License
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 01:54:35 PM »
I am not really sure why you have to do either... in the embedded voicemail you assign specific ports to RAD functionality. In many situations, we regularly take several ports away from the embedded voicemail to use as RADs.

What controller do you have and how many embedded voice mail ports (look in Voicemail->System Settings->VM Port Capacity) and what kind of call volume to you have to handle?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RAD Port or MCD Mailbox License
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 09:20:12 PM »
I am assuming you have to buy a mailbox license to activate the embedded VM system as your voicemail is probably on NuPoint.

I would buy a mailbox anyway, it doesn't hurt to have the embedded RADs to utilise.

The advantage of using the IVR ports is that you can have different RAD greetings using the same port, whereas the embedded you have to dedicate a port per greeting.

If you don't have many greetings I would just go with embedded.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10