Author Topic: Dial by name directory recall  (Read 1794 times)

Offline curtis

• View Profile
Dial by name directory recall
« on: June 22, 2016, 12:23:35 PM »
Good morning,

I attempted a quick search on the forums and came up empty so if this has been asked before I apologize.  I have just inherited a Mitel 5000 system and one of the users approached me with a question about the dial by directory.  When calling in and using the directory to select the person he wishes to speak to, if that person does not answer the phone and it goes to their voicemail, is there a way to revert back to the directory and try another person other than for him to hang up and redial into the outside number and access the directory again.  At the moment that is the procedure he is using.  I have scoured through the manual a bit but this is my first experience with Mitel in over a decade and the system has changed just a bit in that time  ;)

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Dial by name directory recall
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 12:46:42 PM »
Curtis,

Yes,

Create a Call Routing Announcement under Voice Processor > Devices > Applications
Remove the Day and Night Greetings from the Call Routing Announcement that you just created.
Go into the Call Routing Announcement and select Digit Translations.
Set the Timeout to Directory - Last Name or First Name; whichever one you want to use.

Go to Voice Processor > Devices > Mailboxes.
Change the Dial-0 Destination Type to Extension and then put in the Extension number of the Call Routing Announcement that you created earlier.

There are better ways to do this, but I am not sure exactly what you are looking for.

Thanks,

TE

Thanks,

TE

Offline curtis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 01:19:58 PM »
 ;D

Thanks so much for the quick reply.

I will give this a go and see how it works

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 03:27:03 PM »
You could also add a greeting and digit translations to "Dial another extension, press # for the directory or remain on the line for assistance". Or whatever might work for you.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10