Author Topic: Learning to use Mitel 3300 without VoIP qualification  (Read 1124 times)

Offline synthesis

• View Profile
Learning to use Mitel 3300 without VoIP qualification
« on: June 16, 2016, 05:09:55 PM »
Hello. I recently got my first job at a call centre. The call centre is using the Mitel 3300 server and 5312 ip phones. I have been told to learn about the Mitel 3300, in order to do tasks such as change the greeting and redirecting calls.

I have a CCNA certification which I recently acquired through my local networking academy. I have also been given the task of managing and configuring the switches used in the network and am doing alright so far. I understand basic networking terminology from doing my CCNA cert such as vlans and ip addressing. However, I don't have any VoIP qualifications.

So I wanted to know:

• Is it still possible to learn to use the Mitel 3300 for changing greetings and redirecting calls?
  • Is there any risk involved in adding configurations for changing greetings and redirecting calls? Wouldn't want to end up in the situation where the ip phones in the call centre stop working.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Learning to use Mitel 3300 without VoIP qualification
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 11:38:53 AM »
There is always a risk if you don't know what your doing... backup regularly and be familiar with the backup/restore process.

If you are completely unfamiliar with the Mitel, or enterprise level telephony in general, I would suggest either contracting with your vendor to do some day-to-day administration training, or have them sponsor you to go to Mitel's official system administration training.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10